What you do to maintain your interest in photography?

Have multiple hobbies and interest. Once I sick of one hobby, I "jump" back to photography. Once enough photo taking, I will go back to other hobbies/interest.

Bluff about photography in office, show off gear

camera.jpg

There is no longer any requirement to maintain interest in photography. With the onset of cheap digital cameras, cheap memory cards, no need to do any film developing & processing - hence zero cost, photography has become an every day thing - like the TV that you watch; like the lights at home that you switch on. It has become a taken for granted utility for record shots.

ricohflex said:
There is no longer any requirement to maintain interest in photography. With the onset of cheap digital cameras, cheap memory cards, no need to do any film developing & processing - hence zero cost, photography has become an every day thing - like the TV that you watch; like the lights at home that you switch on. It has become a taken for granted utility for record shots.

There is a difference between photography and iphonography or instagramagraphy. What you were talking about was iphonography. Not photography. Of course, technology has enabled everyone to capture still images, edit them on their smart phone, post it on their blog and call themselves photographers.

Just because you record yourself singing and post your recording on Internet does not make you a singer.
Or Cooking instant noodle or fast food using microwave does not make you a chef.
Similarly, just because you can capture images on some expensive cameras does not make you a photographer.

There is a difference between photography and iphonography or instagramagraphy. What you were talking about was iphonography. Not photography. Of course, technology has enabled everyone to capture still images, edit them on their smart phone, post it on their blog and call themselves photographers.

Just because you record yourself singing and post your recording on Internet does not make you a singer.
Or Cooking instant noodle or fast food using microwave does not make you a chef.
Similarly, just because you can capture images on some expensive cameras does not make you a photographer.

even when i'm doing photography on my phone, i still take into consideration exposure and composition. it doesn't mean that with convenience, you neglect what you learned, as what bro milez mentioned as well

Shoot a photo, edit to ur best effort and say I can do better .. then u will always be better

1) shoot more...
2) if you have no time to shoot, critique other photos
3) if you have no time to critique, admire other photos
4) if you have no time to admire, take a break and come back refreshed...then go back to step 1.

i always look at other ppl's works
some times you can find new inspiration

how about remain competitive? joining photography competition..