What would you expect to see or hear out of Photokina 2002?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... Dunno, I guess some new emulsions would be cool...

Nikon D2X and D2H, successor to the hugely popular D1 series. The D2X will feature a full frame 12 megapixel sensor and a continuous shooting rate of 5 fps for up to 20 frames, and the D2H, 6 megapixels with a continuous shooting rate of 10fps up to 60 frames. Pricing details will be announced at PhotoKina, but speculations have it that it will be lower than the D1X and H. Responding to user feedback, both the new cameras can now utilize any SB series flash, as opposed to requiring the new DX series flash as on the D1 series. Also, in an unprecendented move, Nikon will also bundle the full version of Nikon Capture 3 with both cameras.

Regards
CK

Olydak.... :gbounce:

Originally posted by ckiang
Nikon D2X and D2H, successor to the hugely popular D1 series. The D2X will feature a full frame 12 megapixel sensor and a continuous shooting rate of 5 fps for up to 20 frames, and the D2H, 6 megapixels with a continuous shooting rate of 10fps up to 60 frames. Pricing details will be announced at PhotoKina, but speculations have it that it will be lower than the D1X and H. Responding to user feedback, both the new cameras can now utilize any SB series flash, as opposed to requiring the new DX series flash as on the D1 series. Also, in an unprecendented move, Nikon will also bundle the full version of Nikon Capture 3 with both cameras.

Regards
CK

And not to mention that they will be using Forveon's X3 sensor coupled with the new Nikons..

And they will be priced at prices lower than the D100.. :bsmilie:

Wait.
Is the info that you provided true? :D

There is a rumored Canon 2D with 11MP full frame, 3fps@9pix max in buffer to be announced.

If you know Canon cameras well enough, you'll know that a 2D is unlikely.

Originally posted by StreetShooter

Spoken like a true Luddite.

Get your facts right before you pass such commets.

Originally posted by SNAG

And not to mention that they will be using Forveon's X3 sensor coupled with the new Nikons..

And they will be priced at prices lower than the D100.. :bsmilie:

Wait.
Is the info that you provided true? :D

What do you think? :)

Regards
CK

AWB film? 5th Layer technology? haha and AutoLevels lab processing? then digicam can throw away liao...

Originally posted by denizenx
AWB film? 5th Layer technology? haha and AutoLevels lab processing? then digicam can throw away liao...

Already available. If you shoot neg, that's essentially what's happening in the minilab machines which prints your pictures out. I believe a "Auto Levels" and "Auto WB" type of function exists in such machines to correct colour casts and such. 4th layer technology is already quite good.

Regards
CK

a bit OT but auto levels not very good if they can't expose my sky and shadow together, whereas the ahem PS autolevel can... also fogged shots... somewhere here I posted a link to one of my foggy shots that turned out so clear after auto level... ok ok dun wanna argue... hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.