What would you do to improve the intellectual level of CS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sion

Student said:
I know the general intellectual capacity of the members here. It is not very impressive. From the way these people wrote, they will not even begin to understand what the issues are! Such is the level, or lack of it, of intelligent thinking!

What would you as a member of this community do to improve the intellectual level of CS?

demonstrate by example.

i will visit kopitiam more often and read more posts about 2 members slinging mud at each other, while one is furiously slinging mud in the most organised and elegantly correct way, the other just have to sling small amounts tactically and the 1st guy will respond with greater fire power claiming that he has won the battle with each throw.

Then once in a while, a poll comes along by this guy who no longer BBB (no idea what that means, I'm just a newbie with lots to learn) and learn from the imense knowledge from it.

In the past, there was a slidesmaster who's gone into hiding, his controversial knowledge was good :thumbsup: Then we can also watch some action with a popular sport channel but recently there's nothing spectacular on show and is slowly dying off.. wazzup with that man..

I LOVE KPT!

I know the general intellectual capacity of the members here. It is not very impressive. From the way these people wrote, they will not even begin to understand what the issues are! Such is the level, or lack of it, of intelligent thinking!

Don't quite understand what you mean? :dunno: What level of intelligent thinking or intellectual capacity is required to participate in a discussion?

Not everybody is going to discuss the same issue at the same level of seriousness. Why can't we accept the diversity of the whole community. Some will employ more depth in their thinking and some will not; we should respect this.

After all, a Kopitiam is a place not only for serious talks, but also for casual talks. :)

By the way, who is to decide who is intellectual and who is not?
Could it be pompous to pass judgement on others?
And so what if one is deemed "intellectual" ?
Is the "intellectual" badge to be mi-used as a virtual truncheon to bludgeon other (intellectually challenged) people in forums?
And why must a mere discussion be "intellectual" ?
In the words of a song by Billy Joel,

I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard
I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are.

What would you as a member of this community do to improve the intellectual level of CS?

Intellectual :bigeyes: very cheem duno wat is it how to improve?:confused:

U r a real joker ....hahahahaha :bsmilie: :sweatsm: :bsmilie: :sweatsm: :bsmilie:

Ha ha.... leave the "intellectual stuff" to the "Elite". :bsmilie: Life is more than being intellectual.

The obsession to be intellectual and the negligence of humaneness are what I see in our current trend in Singapore. It will become a sick society if we still remain ignorance of it. :nono:

* a bit of tolerance would help
* trying to accept and understand a different opinion instead of killing it
* respecting ones attitude to a subject: if one is serious, reply serious, if one jokes you may reply with jokes

intellectual level? what is the benchmark? what is good for me may not suit you...
Why not just accept that there are different ways to see things and adjust yourself according because there are many roads that lead to Rome....

give IQ test at registration and only allow those over IQ 150 to register and post.

maybe just throw in one more field.. only PhD and above can apply.

Too much intellectual can backfire sometime. :devil: Evidence?

Look at the government's clever tactic of attracting polls by offering upgrading to the residents of Potong Pasir. Most Singaporeans do not approve of the tactic and many had written to the newspaper to air their opposition to such acts. Sadly, things remain the same; Intellectual rules over equality & humaneness.

In the end, such clever tactic did not work! Most of the residents still have integrity. They are not stupid; I guess they have a different kind of intellectual capacity, it is not based solely on benefits, benefits, and more benefits! It is more encompassing & balance. :thumbsup:

Too much intellectual can backfire sometime. :devil: Evidence?

Look at the government's clever tactic of attracting polls by offering upgrading to the residents of Potong Pasir. Most Singaporeans do not approve of the tactic and many had written to the newspaper to air their opposition to such acts. Sadly, things remain the same; Intellectual rules over equality & humaneness.

In the end, such clever tactic did not work! Most of the residents still have integrity. They are not stupid; I guess they have a different kind of intellectual capacity, it is not based solely on benefits, benefits, and more benefits! It is more encompassing & balance. :thumbsup:

I :heart: wat u said

Status
Not open for further replies.