What would you do if you see ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a shot of the scene.

When I was travelling to the Stadium on National day, my friend had a seat on the MRT. The mother sitting next to her did not quite take her child in hand and the child was absolutely spreading himself along the seats and thereby harrasing my friend. My friend gave up and stood up and I took a shot of the scene. the mum was oblivious to the fact that I sniped her though.

i will snap a few times and give her my seat :D

Well, the best you can do it offer your seat if you can.

Sadly, it is still a rather ungracious society in Singapore ..... you think flashing your cam around is gonna make any difference? Snapping them to shame them to make them more aware? Doubt so my friend.

I have tried nicely asking a person sitting at the seat that is at the corner to give up his seat for someone else. That person just act blur and made me look like a moron. Somehow, a lady sitting at another seat offered her seat up to the elderly person. Ironically, the people who were sitting could still shake their heads and point at the person sitting at the corner sit to show their disgust .... and they themselves continued to sit happily on their fat behinds.

SIGH!!!! It is times like these ... I feel so ashamed to call myself a Singaporean :embrass:

Frankly I would never ask someone else to give up his or her seat for others. Cos it is their decision. Not that I am trying to imply thatyou are wrong lah... just that I dun really believe in the Singapore personality to have them give up a seat.

hmmm .... i would see if there's anyone who would give up his/her seat, if not i will do it loh ...

but at times when i'm really really tired, i would not ... well ... i'm bad ... :cry: .. but tat's me loh ...

Ai Yah,use the mrt so many years liao, got used to that loh.me usually stand unless there is extra seats available. there was once i offer my seat to a old man, but before he can get his bottom on it, it was taken by someone else. really disgusted. :angry: old man tells me ok ok lah,not to worry.

My mom told me that when she was expecting me... there was once this person who gave up the seat to her on the bus. Then this young man actually stuck out his foot and prevented my mom from sitting in it. He promptly proceded to put his butt on it.

Silverelf said:
My mom told me that when she was expecting me... there was once this person who gave up the seat to her on the bus. Then this young man actually stuck out his foot and prevented my mom from sitting in it. He promptly proceded to put his butt on it.

Wa liao eh!!then what did this nice man do to tat bad man??

Frankly I would never ask someone else to give up his or her seat for others. Cos it is their decision. Not that I am trying to imply thatyou are wrong lah... just that I dun really believe in the Singapore personality to have them give up a seat.

No offence taken .... Actually, I was kinda fed up with waiting for someone to offer the seat up, so just try to be hero la .... hahaha. True, it is not my place to ask that person to give up the seat ... but the sticker above that person's head clearly implied that priority for the seat be given to elderly or pregnant women.

Oh well, who ask me to be kay poh right? Poking my nose where it doesn't belong, but I think sometimes you just have to stand up and make a difference! If everyone just sits there and be supreme council members of NATO, then I think our society will quicky become one that is very selfish and totally stuck-up. Sigh ... where have all the values that we have been taught gone to?

To those who are wondering what NATO is: NATO - No Action Talk Only!!!

Peace! My 1 cent contribution :sweat:

andylee said:
Ai Yah,use the mrt so many years liao, got used to that loh.me usually stand unless there is extra seats available. there was once i offer my seat to a old man, but before he can get his bottom on it, it was taken by someone else. really disgusted. :angry: old man tells me ok ok lah,not to worry.
turn to video mode and snap it :bsmilie:

Like what retro say N.A.T.O.lots of people share my disgusted look but none give up seats to that old man. :dunno:

Anyway you just stand there for a short time only,S'pore is so small only.

Offer up the seat first... talk laters.. hehe

Harrican said:
Offer up the seat first... talk laters.. hehe

Ai yah, so many people kay siao one lah. We will all grow old one day.....dun know wat will happen then... :dunno:

I will mount my speedlight, set to 16 frames and fire off at directly flashing at the 'offender'.

I will proceed to write a column to streats and probably get Adam or Janice to talk about it and publish it, they like to talk a lot of crap :bsmilie:

That's singapore, that's why I rather not sit on trains if I can, I'd stand, and you see a lot of disgusting people who just don't know what is courtesy and giving up of seats.

sometime if you see me sleeping, I am not acting ok! I'm working at tempanese and staying in bukit batok, how can don't sleep. it is very commmon for people to sleep but please, not all are acting.

But, if i am awake and see someone need that seat more than me, i will give up my seat. If no one need that seat, i'll continuse zzzzzzzz...................

normally i don't give up seat for children, they can run from one end to another , i don't see why they need that seat. :angry:

ninelives said:
normally i don't give up seat for children, they can run from one end to another , i don't see why they need that seat. :angry:
Yah. I'd rather give them a tranquilizer. More often (from my point of view) its the parents of such unruly creatures who should be put away from disturbing the public.
//Draconian thoughts again....

Azure said:
Yah. I'd rather give them a tranquilizer. More often (from my point of view) its the parents of such unruly creatures who should be put away from disturbing the public.
//Draconian thoughts again....

yes yes yes!!! couldn't agree more! can be a real pain in the *ss when you are trying to catch a few winks after a long day.

Hope Obzervr dun mind...

Another Question - What would you do if you are at the ATM withdrawing some $$$ and the parent behind has 2 kids. Both kids stick to your left and right and watch EVERY single key you press. That's right - 2 critters on both sides of you and the parent does NOTHING to hold them back.
You've got your camera. So, what would you do?

PS - this actually happened to me twice this year liao....

Seldom happen to me; It irritates me having people standing in front of me while i'm sitting, be it any situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.