What would you do if you saw a jumper, and have a camera with you

What would you do?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdie

Feb 14, 2002
What would you do if you saw a jumper at the foot of the building, and have a camera with you?

Would you take photos of the body?

Aiyoh... don't even have enough time to call the 999 or 995 already.
Still can take picture ha... hahaha....:bsmilie:

Is a photo more important than a life? :think:

no. i believe in sensitivity.

as much as the guy has chosen to take his life, his family, friends, close ones might not agree with his choice.

and turning it into a circus just because you have a camera is just not nice.

you also do not see the media showing off pictures of the body. only covered ones.

If u do so, pls do not be surprised if u encounter strange phenomena after that......:dent::eek::faint:

If u do so, pls do not be surprised if u encounter strange phenomena after that......:dent::eek::faint:

he will complain pic not sharp enough? who got experience?

to macro shooters, a jumper could also mean a jumping spider.... thus based on ur thread topic of " What would you do if you saw a jumper, and have a camera with you?" Of course i would immediately use the camera and shoot it.

What would you do if you saw a jumper at the foot of the building, and have a camera with you?

Would you take photos of the body?

Having been in this situation on quite a few occasions (professionally when I worked as a press photographer) I can tell you there is no easy answer. I used to photograph the body (discretely) and then move back and photograph the crowds and emergency services doing their bit, making sure to get shots of the body when covered.

Having been in this situation on quite a few occasions (professionally when I worked as a press photographer) I can tell you there is no easy answer. I used to photograph the body (discretely) and then move back and photograph the crowds and emergency services doing their bit, making sure to get shots of the body when covered.

Wooo... Have you experience any paranormal events???

I believe it's hard, imagine you have to look at the photo during PP...

to macro shooters, a jumper could also mean a jumping spider.... thus based on ur thread topic of " What would you do if you saw a jumper, and have a camera with you?" Of course i would immediately use the camera and shoot it.

"body"

"foot of building"

i don't really think he is talking about spiders.

how to take ?

unless im police or forensic by profession, then its more for investigation...

i won't know.

maybe if it was for documentary purposes.. but a suicide doesn't really warrant that.

one of the images i will remember is a picture of an african's head , part of the racial cleansing going on at one point in time.

the photo can help in forensic right?

I think if I see the jumper, it will be too late to call the cops.

Wooo... Have you experience any paranormal events???

I believe it's hard, imagine you have to look at the photo during PP...

Never experienced any paranormal events, no ghosts climbing out of the corpse etc.

A corpse is just a lump of dead meat, smelly sometimes and can be very gruesome but it's dead. Life after all can be viewed as simply a method to keep meat fresh. (tongue in cheek).

Jumpers tend to be pretty intact though there's sometimes a fair amount of blood. But compared to other forms of suicide such as a gun to the under jaw area where the projectile exits via the skull, which indoors leaves quite a good spray of brain matter, blood and other material in an arc up the wall over the ceiling and sometimes down the other wall, while a massive amount bleeds from the nose.

Even that's pretty tame compared to folks who slit their wrists (lengthwise, rather than cross wise) as that is pretty damned messy.

But for real fun and games you either have to get in to murders (I've seen some horrors) or warfare (seen far worse there than almost anywhere) or refugee camps when the population is starving (gut wrenching stuff to photograph a kid and mother who will be dead in a few hours or days while you return to the hotel to a big dinner), or barbaric killings such as South African Necklaces where a tyre is jammed over the victims shoulders and petrol poured in the tyre and it's ignited (photographed one very discretely in the early 80s).

But the worst by far are photographing people dying, where you cannot help them as they can't be reached, be it a drowning, car accident, collapsed building or fire. People killed in fires can be godawful to look at, especially if the skin plasticises and "slumps" where the facial and body features deform and turn a slate gray/red colour. It used to almost put me off the next meal.

For me the worst ever job was in Bangkok in the late 80s when I photographed a hospital ward with about 40 young women in it, all under 21 and all dying from AIDS. The ward was so quiet and these poor women just lay huddled on top of their beds in the heat and humidity, there were no drugs and the whole lot were dead within a week. That one was possibly the hardest shot I've ever taken and it still haunts me and it's the only time I went out and got drunk as a skunk after a job.

I would immediately take pic of the surroundings especially people around the scene. Last then take the body. :cool:

I would immediately take pic of the surroundings especially people around the scene. Last then take the body. :cool:

i would take photos of the nice flowers around the HDB and ignore the body :D

Status
Not open for further replies.