What would you do for 1 day in Taipei?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Hi guys,

I will be going for business trip to taipei and will be staying there for an additional day n a half for own R&R.

Any recommendations like where I should not miss with just one day period? Contemplating to bring my camera gear... you guys think its worth the effort and like where would be photo worthy?

Thanks!

yehosaphat said:
Hi guys,

I will be going for business trip to taipei and will be staying there for an additional day n a half for own R&R.

Any recommendations like where I should not miss with just one day period? Contemplating to bring my camera gear... you guys think its worth the effort and like where would be photo worthy?

Thanks!

get ready your long lens ... take pics of the "bing lang xi shi" :devil: oh yah ... prepare some tissue in case nose bleed :p

Or you can go to Shihlin Night Market :)

fotojoy said:
get ready your long lens ... take pics of the "bing lang xi shi" :devil: oh yah ... prepare some tissue in case nose bleed :p

Or you can go to Shihlin Night Market :)

Where to take them?? I was at taipei some time back but cant seem to find any leh... but i rem saw quite a no when i was in army at Tai zhong

You can't find those scantily dressed Bin Lan Xi Si in Taipei cos they banned it there. Other places such as Taizhong etc can find them.

For 1 day in Taipei, I would suggest making a trip to Yang Ming Shan in the day. Then near to nightfall, go to CKS memorial hall for an evening photo shoot and end the night at Shi Lin night market for a sumptous meal!

check out Taipei 101, donno can go up and shoot or not
go Xi Men Ding for food and shoot pp eating
go Wu feng Pu fur cheap shopping
maybe can check out their anti-Ah Bian political movements too.....;)
------want to go Taiwan for backpacking;p

Just reached Taipei today, settled down and went Ximending for dinner and some shopping... it sure is hot here in Taipei! :sweat:

Intend to go down Taipei 101 tomorrow. Any idea if there is any equivalent of a sim lim square here in Taipei?? I heard from someone in the forum (sorry I forgot who ;P) that there is a nova something shopping centre there near xing guang san yue also around taipei 101 that sells electronics stuff?

Anyone can advise? Thanks all! ;)

BTW, I saw the sony micro vault 'tiny' 2G selling in airport for $113. Is this cheap? You reckon it will be cheaper here in taipei?

try the 'taipei che zhan' area ... I remember there's a Nova (if I remember spelling correctly) building nearby that's very similar to singapore's SLS. Then if you walk futher down, there's a street nearby with many shops selling camera stuffs. ;)
Enjoy your one day stay in Taipei!

SQ123 said:
try the 'taipei che zhan' area ... I remember there's a Nova (if I remember spelling correctly) building nearby that's very similar to singapore's SLS. Then if you walk futher down, there's a street nearby with many shops selling camera stuffs. ;)
Enjoy your one day stay in Taipei!

Are you refering to the MRT station 'Taipei Che zhan'? If so, Ha... my hotel is just beside the mrt! Got more details on the location? ;p

yehosaphat said:
Are you refering to the MRT station 'Taipei Che zhan'? If so, Ha... my hotel is just beside the mrt! Got more details on the location? ;p

PM-ed you. ;)

yehosaphat said:
BTW, I saw the sony micro vault 'tiny' 2G selling in airport for $113. Is this cheap? You reckon it will be cheaper here in taipei?

Any comments guys?

Memory cards and other products are typically cheaper.
Nova is a good place, just beside Mitsukoshi. You can also try the area around
Guanghua Market. The market is demolished, but the street beside has a lot of
shops selling computer stuff too.

For a one-day tour, can just eat and eat and eat.... hahaha ;p

Hey guys, I was just back from Kai Feng Street where the whole street sells camera stuff! got some indicative pricing...

1) Extreme III 1G CF - NT1600 -> S$80
2) 70-200mm 2.8L - NT39500 -> S$1975
3) 70-200mm 2.8L IS - NT53200 -> S$2660
4) 135mm 2L - NT30000 -> S$1500
5) 580 EX - NT13200 -> S$660

The above is assuming exchange rate NT20 = S$1

For item 1-3, it was after some bargaining. Item 4-5 haven bargain yet! I think they are cheaper than spore rite :bigeyes:

What do you think??

Wah regret never bring enough $$ and if draw from ATM will charge admin fee one right? Advise anyone :dunno:

So any comments on the price anyone?

yehosaphat said:
So any comments on the price anyone?

You have to check with them whether it's "水貨" shui huo (grey import) or "公司貨" gongsi huo(warranty set). There isn't a Canon office in Taiwan, and all their goods are brought in by a sole distributor one, so there could be some restrictions on the warranty too. The last time I was the shops there, the prices for equipment isn't very much different from the prices here.

Edit: Okay, forget the part about the sole distributor, got it mixed up with some other brands which dun have an office there. Anyway, do ask about the warranty of the set in any case.

Hmmm... ok... but the Extreme III 1G is worth it right? The last I got from AP is about $90 ya?

yehosaphat said:
Hmmm... ok... but the Extreme III 1G is worth it right? The last I got from AP is about $90 ya?

if i only have 24 hours there, I would not waste time to get something that is available in Singapore, for a saving of just $10.

somemore for electronic products, you will not know if the card will spoil next day or not.

That's why i will rather spend my $$ on eating and sightseeing.

Hi Guys, back from Taiwan yesterday! Enjoyed the trip visiting the many places in Taipei. :thumbsup:

Just wanted to mention, I was at Dan Shui on Fri evening at about 6pm hoping to capture the sunset there and saw 2 ladies there taking pics as well ;) and one was having a 70-200mm 2.8 from what I can make out... wonder if she is on clubsnap as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.