what would be a innovative form of photography that one can embark on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckizz

Sep 27, 2004
East
just wondering...because seems pple are already doing stuff like macroo insects, fisheye dog noses, IR photography.... is there some genre that not many pple is picking up or does anyone have any creative type of photography that they always wanted to try ?

wondering if we all can brainstorm and see wat new stuff can erupt from our minds :p

photography in essence is what you See, and nothing more.

Well, even in the "traditional" genres of photography--wildlife, portraiture, streetshooting, sports, photojournalism, landscape, etc. and etc.--there exists countless numbers of subjects to explore.

I believe the world is big enough for you to explore and photograph in your lifetime.

Well, if there's anything I would like to try, it's really travel photography. It's a form of photojournalism and although thousand others are doing the same thing, nothing beats experiencing and capturing the essence of a foreign culture personally.

hmmm someone in devantart did gummy bear series. he placed gummi bears in various interesting positions (like sticked needles into a gummi bear and have other gummi bears surround it). very innovative.

that was wat i was referring to :p

innovative ? ok just another of my crazy ideas , go ard yr neighbourhood hunt for dead cockroach and take photo and read up some story abt them and their " life as a cockroach " series ? :sweat:

S11loop said:
innovative ? ok just another of my crazy ideas , go ard yr neighbourhood hunt for dead cockroach and take photo and read up some story abt them and their " life as a cockroach " series ? :sweat:
Sounds like Baygon ad? :think: ha..haha...

Lately I just found out someone who can climb onto a wall just to get a better angle....to me this is pretty cool thing...really hidden dragon and crouching tiger :cool:

Did something like this some time ago :sweat:
life-of-a-roach.jpg

jahhaahhah dats good ! yea yea something like that... something creative in this aspeect.. :p very good splutter !

Did one shoot very long ago with Zemotion, still my favourite, lately been trying to come up with more creative + extreme themes, yet to find a model suitable and also the themes that I really want. :)

I'll be brainstorming for more ideas. :)

wow.. how did u manage to get her to agree to pose in the cemetary ?

Dump the DSLR into open sea and keep pressing the shutter, until it dies, and do a CSI study on the images after that...

Duckie: It was pre-planned :) in fact, Zemotion was the one that taught us how to get to the cemetary :embrass:

Astin: We can start with your D100, I don't mind doing the autopsy, but can I borrow your 60mm Micro to take the close up shots? :bsmilie:

hi all !
time to upp this thread again.
this is wat i meant by alternative forms of photography

http://mapage.noos.fr/minimiam/go.htm

man i wish i can tink of something as creative..

anyone else got anything creative can share here ? lets get us sg photographers thinking and innovating

Haha! Nifty! That's an idea!

Y'know, maybe u could do the same thing. Sometimes, copying someone else's idea will lead u to something of ur own imagination! Even if it doesn't, I'm sure u wouldn't do something exactly the same, ri-i-ight? =)

er.. i very lacking in originality wan.. :p

sigh.. sooooo soooo lacking in original ideas :( maybe...

The left brain is analytical, and the right brain is creative, most photographers use the left brain to take photos, very few use the right brain.
(dont flame me :sweat: )

Astin said:
The left brain is analytical, and the right brain is creative, most photographers use the left brain to take photos, very few use the right brain.
(dont flame me :sweat: )

at least some use brain... i think i belong to the brainless kind...

Where's the trigger? U mean my camera dun have a trigger? den y does ppl call it shooting? :sweatsm:

Another really innovative one is to put your camera upside down in your mouth and "see" the world upside down through your mouth.

give your camera to your kid and see what the mind of the little one and observe what he takes. sometimes we, adult, miss out lots of things as we take them for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.