what wll you recommend for my friend (semi-pro camera)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccm33

Apr 21, 2007
As the above what do you say:)

What do you mean by semi pro cam? prosumer or higher end DSLRs?
What is your friend's photography experience and budget?
What is his/her expectation and reqirements from the cam?

As the above what do you say:)

I'd recommend more brainwork / homework. The Newbies Section is full of similar questions where you can easily read up and get information. But instead you drop such a one-liner here in the kopi corner.

Pen ep-1!!

not a PNS, not a DSLR, but a PEN. Sounds perfect for your semi-pro friend.

wx-1 :thumbsup:

Maybe for a start, your friend can try 1Ds Mark III with a couple of L lenses. Make sure they are the IS & USM versions. Or if he like the darkside, D3s with a couple of AFS lenses but the ED-IF versions. On the other hand, Leica M9 is the choice and your friend can't be wrong about it. Read it here: http://kenrockwell.com/leica/m9.htm

:bsmilie:

I'd recommend more brainwork / homework. The Newbies Section is full of similar questions where you can easily read up and get information. But instead you drop such a one-liner here in the kopi corner.

chill out

What do you mean by semi pro cam? prosumer or higher end DSLRs?
What is your friend's photography experience and budget?
What is his/her expectation and reqirements from the cam?
prosumer:)
wx-1 :thumbsup:
thks
Maybe for a start, your friend can try 1Ds Mark III with a couple of L lenses. Make sure they are the IS & USM versions. Or if he like the darkside, D3s with a couple of AFS lenses but the ED-IF versions. On the other hand, Leica M9 is the choice and your friend can't be wrong about it. Read it here: http://kenrockwell.com/leica/m9.htm

:sweat:

Sur,thanks and have a nice weekend ya :)

I have a friend who was introduced to DSLR. He wanted a small travel kit. Then he was recommended by his friend to look into getting LX3. In the end, he got M8 plus a range of primes. f/1.0 was just one of his collections and he is loving it... every moment of it.

He felt using a small form factor camera system is less intimidating for street and travel snaps. The LX3 was good, but he felt leica could be better as he loves printing what he shoot.

So, why not recommend your friend a good system and let him scale down from there?

OK, so we can now at least zoom in to prosumer cams. But what about the other questions in my earlier post? Without answering them it would be difficult to recommend one to you.

experience - Nil
Budget - Nil
Mainly - Leisure

:)

G11, GF-1 or EP-1.....not really prosumer and not very compact......but good enough. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.