What will yr boss say to u when u tell him, "we were caught off guard".

JacePhoto

Oct 1, 2007
New York City
www.flickr.com
if you were in various occupation, something din turn up ideal, when u tell yr boss "we were caught off guard", what wld yr boss say?

"Don't worry, there always next time.":confused:

When u said like this I remember my old Captain words to us when we said "We didnt know"

"Bloody stupid!!! I charge you!!! Charge You!!! F&*% you!!! (this is the best part) F%^$ YOU!!! I SAY AGAIN, F%^# YOU!!!! Get lost!!!" though after that he came to us and apologized for being rude. LOL. But I like the part "I SAY AGAIN" coz that is his signature when he scolding someone.

Though I think you boss will said "Dont worry! dont we all make mistakes? lalalala" jolly walk away.

He'll say: " Don't worry, next time just make sure the drain isn't that blocked can already."

Last edited:
He'll say: " Don't worry, next time just make sure the drain isn't that blocked can already."

MRT station also get caught off guard, or no guard actually.

A new phrase we get to learn, certainly better than the usual..I think, I thought, bcoz and but.

Can also replace with..." it's an honest mistake. "

Last edited:
The higher you are up on the ladder, the less possibility of your boss letting you go away easily..

In my work area, be prepared to be listen to hours of lecturing of insufficient data preparation, followed by recount of former incidents, whether committed by your peers or subordinates.
Next, strong hinting that somebody got to lose the rice bowl & you better pray that its not you..

Then come the next few weeks of sleepless nights, preparing the 5 whys & 8D reports to present to numerous group of people.
Be prepared to be rejected & came up with many follow-up actions & prevention ideas..

That is if you still have the job.. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Ai-yah...the Deepwater Horizon !

if you were in various occupation, something din turn up ideal, when u tell yr boss "we were caught off guard", what wld yr boss say?

are you referring to the PUB's boss? :bsmilie::sweatsm:

Other countries Ministry bosses either resign, fire, or commit suicide, but here they never apologize one. The most they go is to say in public that they "were caught off-guard by God or some playful foreign artist or even blame it on the toilet bowl or it happens once in a half century excuse".... :think: Here our big bosses usually will say, let be more understanding towards these hardworking and hard-to-find top management.

Knn, if my house got 1 mosquito egg, I kanna summon even if I told them I was caught off guard with some fallen leaves :sweat: , or I do my garden and drain maintenance once in 3 months, etc...

Last edited:
i am thinking the lists os scenarios which this phase is useful...

1. A sentry on Guard Duty - 'I was thrown off-guard'.
2. A child failing his PSLE - 'I was thrown off-guard',
3. Driver who speed pass the traffic light - 'I was thrown off-guard'...

Now, your turn to continue...

The guy who took the M16 from MHC and was caught in geylang..

One friend was suggesting that the CEO was watching soccer the night before and intended to say 'Off side' instead of 'Off guard'...

If I am not wrong, there were three different commanders in that movie after each made their mistakes, and the next in line promoted.

So it's true what horizon_grazer... the higher rank you are, the bigger the decisions and responsibilities you hold, the chances of kena *schnicks - finger across throat* is also higher :p

I dunno what the boss will say.

This is what I think he should say:

Don't over react. Just make the minor adjustments required to prevent similar in future.
Continue to do the great job that you are doing.

He'll say "it's ok..... better to be caught off-guard then to be caught red-handed.." :bsmilie: