What will yr boss say to u when u tell him, "we were caught off guard".

Nowadays starting from the very top from even Minister (Mas Salemat case), to the Civil Service and Stat Board, they really do not care about taking responsibility, pride and being diligent in their work.

1. Half the time is about doing things that their boss want or to please them.

2. The other half of the time is to discuss about performance bonuses and speculate how much they will get at the end of the year.

3. The rest of the time is to discuss where to go for the June holidays or December holidays.

The June Holidays and World Cup mood certainly took effects on the mentality of these ppl. Sooner or later our civil service and stat board ppl will be like the Greek civil servants.

When MRT breach of security happened, we were told the the public most also share the responsibility in security - but with the MHA taking a lead and setting a poor example (in Mas' case). Now I am sure there will be more co*k and bull excuses but no one taking responsibility, but many taking big bonuses.

The ppl in Orchard should take responsibility also in the Orchard flooding case, and that responsibility is to make PUB pay for the damage. Else it will be a case of them taking an easy way out of spending tax payer money for the clean up and etc

He'll say "it's ok..... better to be caught off-guard then to be caught red-handed.." :bsmilie:

the fault is with the guy who never clear the drain..
quite obviously, that's not the top guy, so why punish him?

that's the way it works here..

Nowadays starting from the very top from even Minister (Mas Salemat case), to the Civil Service and Stat Board, they really do not care about taking responsibility, pride and being diligent in their work.

1. Half the time is about doing things that their boss want or to please them.

2. The other half of the time is to discuss about performance bonuses and speculate how much they will get at the end of the year.

3. The rest of the time is to discuss where to go for the June holidays or December holidays.

The June Holidays and World Cup mood certainly took effects on the mentality of these ppl. Sooner or later our civil service and stat board ppl will be like the Greek civil servants.

When MRT breach of security happened, we were told the the public most also share the responsibility in security - but with the MHA taking a lead and setting a poor example (in Mas' case). Now I am sure there will be more co*k and bull excuses but no one taking responsibility, but many taking big bonuses.

The ppl in Orchard should take responsibility also in the Orchard flooding case, and that responsibility is to make PUB pay for the damage. Else it will be a case of them taking an easy way out of spending tax payer money for the clean up and etc

The business should claim from insurances companies and insurances companies should claim from PUB. :thumbsd:

Since it is their negligence that cause the losses :(

The business should claim from insurances companies and insurances companies should claim from PUB. :thumbsd:

then they will return blame citizens for heavy littering into drains etc hence leadign to a study that shows that its our fault in the end and money comes from our pockets.

u scratch my back, i scratch urs.
u watch my kahcheng, i watch urs.
u write my paycheck, i write urs.

and our pm paycheck > obama's.

PUB should claim from the contractors who is supposed to clean the drain...

Afterall.. most jobs are out-sourced right? Let's not make tax payers pay for the contractor's negligence....

Now, what we hear and what we see is the facade that is shown to us, to the media and so forth.

But internally, within PUB and also, the Minister himself would be doing what bosses would normally do. I guess those top brass in PUB would have meetings upon meetings with the Minister, and they would kenna grilled, questioned and got to come up with all kinds of scheme for improvement, all the figures, statistics, fact and so forth. And that would carry on until the next Parliament sitting when the Minister would definitely be questioned by some MPs.

Remember these days, there is no such thing as an iron ricebowl. And there is such thing as condemned civil servant, meaning no promotion for the rest of his service, if he or she still wanna to hang on.

But, it is only in extreme cases, the got, "You're Fired."

His forgiving boss would say:"Sh!t happens... Take this as a lesson so as not to accumulate so much sh!t till it gets out of control & overflows... By the way, you're fired... you may handover your sh!t to someone else..."

The Mas salemat case should be viewed differently.. I feel..

In fact, it may be a blessing for the country for him to get away.. And be OUT of SG.... Public Safety and Well-being is most important.. not the MHA's pride. And so, any "negligence" for this particular episode should be forgiven and forgotten....

Even "if" you have the will or ability to fight terrorism..

Isn't it better not to have to fight..?

Look at the Deepwater incident. Obama visits the site, did he do ANYTHING useful, meaningful? Yeah just blame everyone and anyone EXCEPT so called authority. Ever say anything nasty to the Coast Guard ? Ever say anything NASTY to the Energy Sec? Set up more panel on the SENATE and question and blame everyone....American Democracy at Work....PATHETIC...Singapore is getting there fast...First World Best Practice says the First World Textbook:(:(:embrass:

then they will return blame citizens for heavy littering into drains etc hence leadign to a study that shows that its our fault in the end and money comes from our pockets.

u scratch my back, i scratch urs.
u watch my kahcheng, i watch urs.
u write my paycheck, i write urs.

and our pm paycheck > obama's.

Money should come from contractors and litter bugs :(

Since SG is a "FINE" country, we should "FINE" them :)

. And so, any "negligence" for this particular episode should be forgiven and forgotten....

Even "if" you have the will or ability to fight terrorism..

Isn't it better not to have to fight..?

Yeah allow him to escape and to plan for strike against you :think: it's better to have your enemy in sight than out of sight and not knowing what or when he can strike. Fortunately he was caught and thankfully kept out of mischief for the time being. Let's not be an ostrich and feel safe when we bury our heads in the sand.

Anyway, the "forgive and forget attitude" is precisely what is happening and will definitely lead to more complacency. I won't be surprised another "boo boo" will happen again after a few month and again "sorry we were caught off guard"

Last edited:
I guess you got the wrong interpretation of my post..

If Mas were to be trialed in SG, and punished accordingly, there could be retaliatory actions against the country or the gov by his gang.. who suffers?

Now.. if SG is not the main target.. why start a war and become a target.

Frankly.. I doubt he will plan to strike SG after he "escaped".. But it's just speculations....

Yeah allow him to escape and to plan for strike against you :think: it's better to have your enemy in sight than out of sight and not knowing what or when he can strike. Fortunately he was caught and thankfully kept out of mischief for the time being. Let's not be an ostrich and feel safe when we bury our heads in the sand.

Look at the Deepwater incident. Obama visits the site, did he do ANYTHING useful, meaningful? Yeah just blame everyone and anyone EXCEPT so called authority. Ever say anything nasty to the Coast Guard ? Ever say anything NASTY to the Energy Sec? Set up more panel on the SENATE and question and blame everyone....American Democracy at Work....PATHETIC...Singapore is getting there fast...First World Best Practice says the First World Textbook:(:(:embrass:

Sing is not First World. Don't bluff ourselves.

USA govt+Obama are smart.
They do not want to "take over" the cure for the spill caused by BP.
Otherwise BP will just wash hands and say, now that you want to take over, don't blame BP if the under sea leak cannot be plugged.
If they are stupid enough to do that, then BP will be able to say much later that if the US govt+Obama had left it to BP, then BP would have fixed it very fast.

caught off guard only mah, nothing serious, only a few millions and reputation gone, but when happen again, be sure the guard will caught you.

• NKF case (charity regulated by NCSS and MOH)
  • Mas Selamat case (prison regulated by Ministry for Home Affairs)
  • MRT graffiti case (MRT regulated by dunno what govt body)
  • Orchard flood cases (drain regulated by PUB, Ministry of Environment and Water Resources) (Nov 09 and Jun 10)

Can see disturbing pattern liao. Its okay wan. Just blame the new Adidas ball. The new ball move unpredictably.

Last edited:
"We were caught off guard"

waterworld.jpg

• NKF case (charity regulated by NCSS and MOH)
  • Mas Selamat case (prison regulated by Ministry for Home Affairs)
  • MRT graffiti case (MRT regulated by dunno what govt body)
  • Orchard flood cases (drain regulated by PUB, Ministry of Environment and Water Resources) (Nov 09 and Jun 10)

Can see disturbing pattern liao. Its okay wan. Just blame the new Adidas ball. The new ball move unpredictably.

:rolleyes: add in ren ci, city harvest and the rest too.
oh yes. dun forget. lately the newspapers reports abt hdb upgrading stuff:think:
and if i remember correctly, jackneo wanted to be mp too didnt he?

"We were caught off guard"

waterworld.jpg

My boss will shout "On Guard !!! " and stick his sword into my heart like the picture below :bsmilie:

fencing-450-198215073.jpg

Last edited: