What will you do?(Overcharged Bluetooth Headset)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoia08

Jun 27, 2007
Singapore
Hi bros...

Firstly, let me tell you guys the scenerio.

-I went into this shop at lvl 1 of SLS, wanting to buy a "Jabra Bluetooth Headset" at 1st.
So I asked the sales assistant for the price of it. He told me its $58.
But he said he'll recommend me another bluetooth headset "Sony ericsson HBH-PV705", which I find out it is an old model. This headset was't display out.
He took it out from the cabinet below and told me that this is better and only selling at $70.
Adding on to that, he told me that outside is selling at $90++.

So I bought from him and went home to charge overnight till this morning.
I used it for only 2 calls(total time of less than 30mins), it automatically shut off and I can't on it again.
I called up sony ericcson and told me to send it to the service centre.
Out of curiousity, i asked the operator for the price of it and he told me it's $54!!!!!!!!
WTF?! :angry:
I was CHOPPED!!!
I'm thinking if I should go back to that shop, or send it to the service centre.

If you guys are in my shoe, what will you guys do?

The question is: What can I do in such a situation?

Ans: Nothing much really.

Warranty work is being taken care of.

As for the profit the shop made, they made and offer and you accepted it.

Next time best to do research first on any model you want to buy/is recommended etc.

The question is: What can I do in such a situation?

Ans: Nothing much really.

Warranty work is being taken care of.

As for the profit the shop made, they made and offer and you accepted it.

Next time best to do research first on any model you want to buy/is recommended etc.

True...
I think I can't do much either....
Well, I didn't do any research as my previous bluetooth was spoiled and I immediately went to SLS to get 1..
And the time was like almost 9pm, so I have to time to ask other shops.
Anyway, no choice la... haha
I shall forget about it.

It's the upsell game. The only problem is that the goods are old. They will try to stick you with something unfamiliar and then chop you when you deviate from your plans.

Q1: What the heck were you doing buying ANYTHING on the "tourist trap" floors of SLS?

Q2: Why didn't you research first, then when you're sure what you want, buy that, and only that?

Q3: Why didn't you just buy one the next morning after doing some checking? Why didn't you check the price in other shops first?

Hi bros...

-I went into this shop at lvl 1 of SLS, wanting to buy a "Jabra Bluetooth Headset" at 1st.
But he said he'll recommend me another bluetooth headset "Sony ericsson HBH-PV705", which I find out it is an old model. This headset was't display out.
He took it out from the cabinet below and told me that this is better and only selling at $70.

I used it for only 2 calls(total time of less than 30mins), it automatically shut off and I can't on it again.
Out of curiousity, i asked the operator for the price of it and he told me it's $54!!!!!!!!
I was CHOPPED!!!
I'm thinking if I should go back to that shop, or send it to the service centre.

If you really feel that you were cheated the most you can do as a singaporean is file a compliant with CASE and hope they follow thru with it. otherwise not much you can do aside from bad mouth the store and hope that their business goes down.

Since they delibrately cheat you, next time keep go to their shops, be a fussy customer, try this try that. then dont buy. ;p

Hi bros...

I was CHOPPED!!!

This is a very common tactic used by the electronic shops in SLS. I think you've got nothing much that you can do, maybe get CASE involve if you are a member?

Aiyah ... look on the bright side of life - there ALWAYS IS one as Monthy Python would point out.

Your SLS retail shopping lesson only costed a mere $16. Others have paid HUNDREDS to learn from the SLS sifus!

Here, something to cheer you up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ap424oVDZE&mode=related&search= and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCWw6W5NEa8 (This one ah..IS Monthy Python so ignore the ehem...Quite hilarious though)

Hi bros...

I was CHOPPED!!!

The most helpful thing you can do is to tell us the name of the shop.

you are sheep and SLS level 1 shop are wolf, next time walk around check the price before you buy. Even thought, most wouldn't like you come in ask the price and left. but this is our right to ask before buying.;p

Small Claims Tribunal will not work for overcharging. However, I think you can return it to the shop if it is not working/faulty etc, because they have to sell goods which are fit for purpose and in merchantable condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.