what will you do?? off topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholas1986

Feb 22, 2002
singapore
Visit site
off topic but then was quite angry with this incident
was on the bus No:8 today to school then was sitting behind one old women. she cough and cough. then somemore never cover her mouth. i turn around and look at her....hoping she will fell embarasse and cover her mouth. but she did not she cont to do so. then when i turn around again, then the arguement start
women say: 'see what see'.
me say: 'i turn around see outside what'
women: 'you turn around twice and look at me think i dunno'
me: so.... can't you cover your mouth when you cough
women: u think i want to cough arh....can't control you know.....
me: no manners issit ....at least cover ur mouth la
women: how i know when is my next cough, how to cover??
me: i study science u think i dunno u can cover ....
women: study science so what.... big arhh.....singapore only got u one science student.... dun be so proud la... there are people that are smarter than you
me: dun talk so loud
women: i cannot control my voice leh.... small boy if you are my grandson i will feel disgusted. no respect for old people.... heaven will punish u.... please la i am older than you and i have seen things more and know how to behave better than you...... u think i old dun dare beat u wait till u get into trouble
me: ok loh....then i young people will not care about ur old people things la....
women: dun care.... then u still say
(i walk away)

then about a few stops later she got down before that she stilll say ' mind your own business'

never seee such a person before..... how???? if you are the person what u do??? turn around leh then she started scolding.

she still say a lot of things but can't remember the sequence liao

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

First of all, you said she is an old woman, then why should you want to argue with her. In our Asian society, respect is still paramount. No matter how well you can debate, you can nvr win over old ppl in public. You will appear disrespectful.

There are few ways I would consider:
1. Juz say sorry and keep quiet, n let her lecture you (ppl may think that she is a mad person).
2. If you have a bottle of mineral water or maybe tissue paper, juz offer her. If she doesnt want to accept juz be cool abt it (in other ppl eyes, you are well-raised in this instance).
3. Juz bluff yr way throu by saying maybe " sorri auntie, i thought you are auntie Mary, etc..) This way you must appear very sincere. Choose this only if you got thin-skin and dont like to feel like you r in a sinking ship.

Always remember, if she knows how to cover her mouth when she coughs, then she doesnt need you to tell her!

This is a small incident, so cool down and dont get angry. Happiness is free, why throw away?

Just say "Yah you so old still need young people to teach you simple manners?"

Jonny said:
Just say "Yah you so old still need young people to teach you simple manners?"

she will confirm say.... manners what manners ..... you are the one that dunno keep looking at me 1st or..... u think u very well behaved arh

You should say Auntie I look at you because you so beautiful I cannot resist leh must look many more times !!!

nicholas1986 said:
off topic but then was quite angry with this incident
was on the bus No:8 today to school then was sitting behind one old women. she cough and cough. then somemore never cover her mouth. i turn around and look at her....hoping she will fell embarasse and cover her mouth. but she did not she cont to do so. then when i turn around again, then the arguement start
women say: 'see what see'.
me say: 'i turn around see outside what'
women: 'you turn around twice and look at me think i dunno'
me: so.... can't you cover your mouth when you cough
women: u think i want to cough arh....can't control you know.....
me: no manners issit ....at least cover ur mouth la
women: how i know when is my next cough, how to cover??
me: i study science u think i dunno u can cover ....
women: study science so what.... big arhh.....singapore only got u one science student.... dun be so proud la... there are people that are smarter than you
me: dun talk so loud
women: i cannot control my voice leh.... small boy if you are my grandson i will feel disgusted. no respect for old people.... heaven will punish u.... please la i am older than you and i have seen things more and know how to behave better than you...... u think i old dun dare beat u wait till u get into trouble
me: ok loh....then i young people will not care about ur old people things la....
women: dun care.... then u still say
(i walk away)

then about a few stops later she got down before that she stilll say ' mind your own business'

never seee such a person before..... how???? if you are the person what u do??? turn around leh then she started scolding.

she still say a lot of things but can't remember the sequence liao

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

i teach you ... next time you argue with old folks, tell them this...

"i see you old, and not many more years to live, i dun argue with you. eat until so old still dunwan to die...wasting precious oxygen...(or occupying precious land space)"

but you must smile when you're telling them this....in a soft and nice polite tone if possible...

good?

rncw said:

"i see you old, and not many more years to live, i dun argue with you. eat until so old still dunwan to die...wasting precious oxygen...(or occupying precious land space)"

but you must smile when you're telling them this....in a soft and nice polite tone if possible...

good?
this one suggestion i like very :thumbsup: slap in the face.

next time anyone makes me extremely mad like that i sure whip my cam and flash her a few times one!

last time, my elder sis was sitting next to the window at the rear of the bus, when an old lady came along. She was screaming and cursing the bus driver for driving so fast, never wait for her. (funny, if never wait, how come she was on bus??!)

Then she coughed and then spat on my sis's face. My sis was shocked and asked her why. She said my sis's long hair had been irritating her and that my sis was slapping her with her hair by turning her head many times. Truth was my sis was sitting one seat away from her and her hair was not long enough to hit her (only shoulder length). Also, she didn't even turn her face to and fro nor did she waved her hair about.

Then the crazy old auntie kept on cursing my sis in the most vulgar language and kept saying my sis bullied her. People thought my sis was unfilial to her grandmother or something.

I wondered if the old lady is the same person?
:sweat:

innovas1 said:
last time, my elder sis was sitting next to the window at the rear of the bus, when an old lady came along. She was screaming and cursing the bus driver for driving so fast, never wait for her. (funny, if never wait, how come she was on bus??!)

Then she coughed and then spat on my sis's face. My sis was shocked and asked her why. She said my sis's long hair had been irritating her and that my sis was slapping her with her hair by turning her head many times. Truth was my sis was sitting one seat away from her and her hair was not long enough to hit her (only shoulder length). Also, she didn't even turn her face to and fro nor did she waved her hair about.

Then the STUPID old auntie kept on cursing my sis in the most vulgar language and kept saying my sis bullied her. People thought my sis was unfilial to her grandmother or something.

I wondered if the old lady is the same person?
:sweat:

i dun think the old lady you mentioned is STUPID, but rather, she might be a MENTAL case...

i would suggest to move away quietly. STUPID is ok, still can "tickle" abit to make her more angry, but MENTAL is no no...

anyone ever got shouting by old lady while queuing to buy 4d, toto or score,
it happened to me once, long que and this old lady just approach me to help me buy for her,
of course i refuse lar and tell her to que up, not fair to people behind rite, then she started shouting me aloud, i think she also curse me something in cantonese like i will be "suay" aka "dao mei", and true enough i lost all the bets i made that day (i bet on EPL result and very seldom do i lose everything).......
sometimes these people just so unreasonable......

mysonlovenemo said:
anyone ever got shouting by old lady while queuing to buy 4d, toto or score,
it happened to me once, long que and this old lady just approach me to help me buy for her,
of course i refuse lar and tell her to que up, not fair to people behind rite, then she started shouting me aloud, i think she also curse me something in cantonese like i will be "suay" aka "dao mei", and true enough i lost all the bets i made that day (i bet on EPL result and very seldom do i lose everything).......
sometimes these people just so unreasonable......

i can bet she also kena whatever bad karma that happened to you that day, and in two folds...hehehe...
well, if it's yours to win, no matter what it's still yours...unless the old lady is a witch/bomoh... :bsmilie:

sometimes its just unfortunate we meet such pple. I usually think that they must have a very difficult and hard past to make them like that.. it puts things in another perspective. Instead of fanning the fire or sowing hatred, just walk away from the issue. Lastly, dun be too affected by the incident, its but one incident..stay happy.

rncw said:

good?

He/ she may reply, 'Think you won't grow old meh'? :dunno:
Haizz...just suay lor, if you meet this kind of cranky and rude old people. I've met some old folks who actually make use of their grandchildren to bulldoze their way through the queue to be the first to board the buses and trains. As if it's not enough that they are discourteous, they have to teach the young to behave like that too. I'm terribly scared of these people, along with the bus drivers, hawkers etc, who can get very loud and aggressive. Damn suay lor if you kenna one of these in public. *shudder*

TRiShnDaisy said:
He/ she may reply, 'Think you won't grow old meh'? :dunno:
Haizz...just suay lor, if you meet this kind of cranky and rude old people. I've met some old folks who actually make use of their grandchildren to bulldoze their way through the queue to be the first to board the buses and trains. As if it's not enough that they are discourteous, they have to teach the young to behave like that too. I'm terribly scared of these people, along with the bus drivers, hawkers etc, who can get very loud and aggressive. Damn suay lor if you kenna one of these in public. *shudder*

well...at times, its not what they will reply matters, the whole point is to get them mad, that's all...did that many many times...it works for me... :bsmilie:

i've encountered those like you've mentioned, normally i'll just bulldozed my way out (esp they're blocking the entrance/exit of the other side of the door in a train)...and i "bashed" through more forcefully when i'm with my mini-trekker and tripod...so watch out :bigeyes: :devil:
those cut queues, i'll just shout at them...ask them if they're gangsters...coz gangsters no need to queue up...well with so many people in the queue, i'm sure they'll feel embaress... :bsmilie:

yes...i'll grow old one day, and when i'm old, i'll make sure i'll be polite and humble...but i'm not sure if i'll live to see the next day or not...so why bother?

lets make this a "more graceful society" :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I will just ignore! Sometimes feigning ignorance is the best solution. If someone coughs behind me & I feel irritated, I'll just move to another seat! Seriously, it's pointless arguing with old people in public...not nice to create this kind of ugly scenes.

Yes, we all may feel that some old people are unreasonable, but did we try to emphatize with them why they are behaving in such manner? We all will also grow old one day right?

In life, we go thru many phases. Every phase brings with us new love, hope, mannerisms and behaviour. People go thru wat they call "middle (or old) age syndrome" (err...dunno if that's the correct term for it) and experience changes, be it physical, emotional or psychological. My dad used to be a very mild tempered man, but in recent years, he's been very naggy and temperamental. Well, we just ignore him & walk away lah!

Yea Vivien, easy for us to get mad at them now. Just hope we don't become like them when we're old.

rncw, do you mean 'gracious' instead? or like bulldoze with mini-trekker and tripod 'graceful[ly]'? :p

its either you get nastier then them or you just smile and change a seat.

if you turn nasty then you must say very loud all her mistake, even never do also must say just make her look really bad lor. The art of quarrelling, wrong or right its how you put it :p don't give her a chance to talk just keep scolding. keep making the point on how in-considerate she is and the possibility that she might infect the whole bus with her in-considerate actions.

she says that so what you study sciences, just say
so what? cos i've study so i know better.
so what? cos you're old doesn't mean you know more,
so what? you coughing into me and infecting me with your germs!
so what? you live so many years you still cannot feel when you gonna cough? you senile or what?
so what? :p

I'll be rather be dead then be your grandson sial.. having such an in-considerate grandmother, if i have a gun i'd shoot you on the spot man, you bring disgrace not only to yourself, but to my family, to my father, my grandda. any way my grandma's dead, why ain't you? heaven must be blind to have created you, when you die, i think hell also reject your application ah!

to make the scenes more spectatcular you must stand up and stare at her. call for an audience with the crowd and make a big fuss over it.

so you either do the above, or just stand up smile, take out a tissue clean the back of your head and change seat looking disgusted :p

TRiShnDaisy said:
Yea Vivien, easy for us to get mad at them now. Just hope we don't become like them when we're old.

rncw, do you mean 'gracious' instead? or like bulldoze with mini-trekker and tripod 'graceful[ly]'? :p

err...not too sure...i forgot that word already....cos i'm half way there joining those old folks already... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

TRiShnDaisy said:

I seriously wonder how we can maneuver gracefully in a crowd with a Mini Trekker + heavy duty tripod. Now I know why people avoid me when I'm out with my MTT (aka mini trekker + tripod). :bsmilie: :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.