What will you buy in Sitex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow :bigeyes:

What brand?

cant remember. samsung or watever i think.

there is only 1 shop in SLS worth biuying such stuff from, and its on the 5th floor.

PM me for the shop name, if you dunno what shop i am talking bout. its uber famous. haha.

Looking for a replacement 3rd party battery for my camera (CANON IXUS 50). Any suggestion where to get them?

seriously ah.

i wanna get a hard disk also, but quite worried that if i get this size, and if the thing crashes or spoils, all my data.... :sweat::sweat::sweat:

i saw at SLS a 500gig hard disk for bout 100 only...

Buy 2x500 and back up to both :)

Having all your eggs in only one basket does nobody any good..

Also, if you copy the image to an external HD and delete it from your internal HD, it does not count as a 'backup' since you now only have one copy (on external HD).. there is no backup if the ext HD goes.

So either keep 1 copy on internal and 1 copy on external, or 2 external (no internal).

And just to be doubly sure burn a few to DVD-R. I know many say DVD-R/+R is unreliable but it's the 3rd line of defense in this system, and not the only archival copy.

Hope this helps someone. BBB.. and BBBackup :)

Thinking of getting....

1. 1 tubercolosized HDD : the 500 giggles one looks rather attractive too..... mebbe 2 of that instead ?
2. 24inches of flattened panel
3. 1 keyboard without wires (can without battery oso ?)

Just a side thought though.... with the present severe slump, consumption is anticipated to dip drastically. Anyone here thinks that post Christmas will have massive fire sales to try to rid inventory for the various companies ?? Just wondering.....

Thinking of getting....

Just a side thought though.... with the present severe slump, consumption is anticipated to dip drastically. Anyone here thinks that post Christmas will have massive fire sales to try to rid inventory for the various companies ?? Just wondering.....

Look...we need to eat and we only live once....so we cannot be deprived of our lifestyle for too long.......once the current stock of manufacturing goods run out....the factories will need workers to start making things again....with lower cost for everything now....the profit of their coming few quarters will improve....sentiment will improve.....confident will grow.....and we will see a U shape recovery....every recession is unique in their time but with the helps of technology and communication system....this recession should not last as long as those in 30s and 70s

I just felt that current slump was caused by completely lost of confident and knee jerk reaction to US mess......once US stop their bad news.....we will be in full swing again....for those who were hit this time....look at the bright side...this is a good opportunity to improve and make a change....when the wind blow again, you know you will be in the right place to catch it :think: Just look at how many people booking for a car right after the $2 COE saga....this is unlike cash item like a $3000 camera.....these are 7~10 years of commitment on $40k~$50k loan.....so the demand is definitely there :thumbsup:

I wonder if East Gear would be there.... I wanna buy batteries for my flash

Look see. look see...

If got good offer, below are in my list..

1) 1TB WD Green
2) 8GB or 16GB Class 4/6 SDHC
3) 8GB or 16GB Class 6 Micro SD.

walk here walk there. see here and there.. no "target" so far. ;)

any pricelist?

a canon A1000IS, though i dunno if deals at expo would be any diff from ms colour.:dunno:

Getting a WD Green 1TB HDD 32M cache, last I heard was selling at $178 at SLS, so hopefully cheaper at the show.

../azul123

ah bang..

do let me know when u buy..

then i go buy too..

:D

Items to be purchase: :devil:

1) 2 piece of 16 gig CFs
2) Additional laptop
3) Most prob......a G10.

master...

u sure 2 pcs enough ??

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: