What will you buy? Anyone can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

besh

May 8, 2005
I'm planning a tour to china, a 4 thousand over feet hight mountain.
with a lot of temple.... similar to tibet (in fact it's close to tibet)...

so... this is my problem....
This is my Combo....

1.) D70 with dust on CCD (haha, going to get nikon to clean for me -- but how long it take ?? anyone can tell? )

2.) 18-70mm kit lense ( not so wide, and i thinink this is not the best for scenery and indoor event )

3.) 105mm micro ( this will not with me in china.... i'm not goign to shoot bugs there :) )

4.) 50mm f/1.8 ( i think this will fly with me... 1.8... good enough for indoor event )

5.) 70-300G ( stay in my cabin..... )

6.) Should i buy a 12-24 ? ( if yes, which to go ? sigma ? tokina ? "nikon out... too ex")

7.) Do u think i should grab another 70-200 VR ? ( if yes, what to shoot there? )

8.) IF i have a 18-70, and 50 mm, and IF i buy a 12-24.... Do i need another walking lense ? such as 24-120 VR ???

anyone can help ?

anyone used to back pack or tour to such place like nepal/tibet/india/thailand ?

can give me some suggestion pls?

Travel light... bring your D70+Nikon 12-24/4+50/1.8 will be enough.
:lovegrin:

So going to QingHai or Yunan region? ;)

Anyway, I dun recommend to bring too many lens, 1 or 2 should be enough.
The range will be depending on your shooting style and what you would be shooting.
Anyway, the place might be too windy and dusty, as such it might not be wise to change your len too often.

Just bring 17-55mm f2.8

yeah, i know it's a good lense... but it's a killer lense with it;s price...
what do u think about Sigma 10-20mm ?

considering you were thinking of getting the 70-200VR it's no more costly than that. for scenery you might need a wider angle because of the crop factor, so why not get the Nikon 12-24 and just bring that along with your kit lens?

Sigma 10-20mm vs Tamron 11-18mm??:think:

Sigma 10-20mm vs Tamron 11-18mm??
Bingo !!
i'm aiming at this 2....
i might go for sigma...

considering you were thinking of getting the 70-200VR it's no more costly than that. for scenery you might need a wider angle because of the crop factor, so why not get the Nikon 12-24 and just bring that along with your kit lens?

Regarding this 70-200 VR,
i think i'll leave it for now.
no good offer in CS.. and i dun want to pay 3 k for the new :)

Status
Not open for further replies.