What will you bring if you take a lot of photo?

What will you bring if you take a lot of photos overseas?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on length of trip and expected storage, i guess. i brought a laptop + XDrive + 4Gb CF for a 10day trip to Nepal last year. Just about enough.

i would say batteries were the bigger problem. Have to have sufficient juice in between charges.

yeah ..... were is the option for film :p

I would need an extra bag just for my film ....

I will bring my X drive pro and not my notebook, it smaller, ligther, can double up as a mp3 player and most importantly very much cheaper than notebook, less costly in case of lost or damage. :D
Anyway, most of the hotel got TV can just plug in to review photo, don't need notebook, also don't think has time and enegry to stay in the hotel to edit picture.

Bring enough CF/SD for one whole day's outing, and then dump them into a XSDrive at the end of the day.

I've found this works very well on my past 2 trips. But all depends on how you are travelling.

If you are backpacking, bringing a laptop is not really a viable option since its too damn heavy compared to a XSDrive type of digital wallet.

If you have a fully packaged tour with airport pickups to your hotel doorstep, then a laptop makes sense.

IronKong said:
I will bring my X drive pro and not my notebook, it smaller, ligther, can double up as a mp3 player and most importantly very much cheaper than notebook, less costly in case of lost or damage. :D
Anyway, most of the hotel got TV can just plug in to review photo, don't need notebook, also don't think has time and enegry to stay in the hotel to edit picture.

x drive pro has got av cable to connect to tv?

lots and lots of film.. the last trip i went, i brought 50 rolls... and it cost me a lot of $$$$ :hung:

Status
Not open for further replies.