What will happen when shutter count reaches 150K ???

google

Deregistered
May 18, 2011
Hi Big Brothers,

Pls dun laugh at me ...

One of my friend tells me that my Nikon camera can only use about 100 K clicks...

After hearing that, i began to very worry...

I never use a DSLR before ... this is first time buying it and owning one ...

Now after hearing that sentence ... each snap makes me heart pain ...

Nothing will happen.

One of my friend's camera suppose to last 50k, shot more than 70k, another friend same story, should last 50, lasted more in the end, if reach 150k, just change lor, might be quite some time by the time you finish 150k, shooting with my camera for 3 years, I only accumulated 26k out of 150k

Sorry, but can't help laughing. Not because your question is silly but because I know you are going to invite people who do not hit even 50k to answer a 150k question. :p

So far I had hit only 60k++ for one of my previous DSLR.

150k rating is just a nominal figure. Actual life of the shutter depends on your luck. But I have faith in Nikon and believe it will be more reliable than I can ask for.

hmm dont worry too much =) 150k is long way to go~! i dont really care also just shoot n shoot n shoot n shoot haha.,.. if died just change =x less than $200 or $250

Supposingly you shoot 200pics w/o fail everyday, i.e month=6k, 1 year=72k, 2years=144k. It will still take 2 whole years to reach 150k.

It's pretty hard to reach 150k unless you spam your shutter release everyday for cam-whoring :) Hah, just kidding. But seriously, Spamming shots is just wasting disk space and time to delete them :sweat:

Hi Big Brothers,

Pls dun laugh at me ...

One of my friend tells me that my Nikon camera can only use about 100 K clicks...

just continue shooting. the SC is just a guide, some may go way beyond it and some may broke down half way.

if you shoot an average of 1000 photo per month, it will takes 8 year to hit 100 000 count.

there isn't a need to feel heart pain, it just cost you about $200 to $300 plus to change the shutter if you still owned the body.

don't need to worry too much, Just enjoy and keep shooting. :)

... each snap makes me heart pain ...

This I might agree ;) but every beautiful shot that you can keep will make you smile :angel:

Hi Big Brothers,

Pls dun laugh at me ...

I am quite sure that your camera will not explode nor implode. It definitely won't self-destruct or electrocute you when the shutter expires. It will just simply stop working. Just get it change, rest of the camera should be working fine if you take care of it.

Do you know that with each breath you made, you are drawing closer to death....slowly. Then should you stop breathing because of it??

Hi Big Brothers,

Pls dun laugh at me ...

seriously... it actually takes years to reach 100k shutter actuations for an average hobbyist. why worry so much about it? by then u will already be tempted by newer bodies n just upgraded without looking back. just stop worrying about such a thing n go out n shoot.

Last edited:
oK .... NOW I CAN SLEEP IN PEACE !!!! ......

*maybe i go snap a picture of me brushing my teeth ...*

Really won't explode right ??

Please dun bluff me hor !

The way my friend describe is very scary ...

haha if liddat, then my heart more pain.. when my shutter is down.. i have to send to germany somemore... who knows when it will return back.. but its a feat to actually use up ur shutter.. i am sure people who ask this question will usually change their cameras before its used up.. or even before 50k mark..

just go ahead and whack...

Really won't explode right ??

Please dun bluff me hor !

The way my friend describe is very scary ...

hahahaha..

haha if liddat, then my heart more pain.. when my shutter is down.. i have to send to germany somemore... who knows when it will return back.. but its a feat to actually use up ur shutter.. i am sure people who ask this question will usually change their cameras before its used up.. or even before 50k mark..

just go ahead and whack...

german also got manufacture camera ??!!

What brand is yours?

The aeroplane ticket spend, might as well buy a new camera !

What brand is yours?

Yes of course! Zeiss is one of them. Pretty funny how your username is google and you didn't google "german cameras":bsmilie:

Last edited:

What brand is yours?

haha local distro will help send.. as there is no repair workshop here in sg.. haha... that one you will have to explore.. back to topic, dont worry about the shutter.. it will last you years..