What web host do you use for your portfolio?

arikyeo

Deregistered
Oct 23, 2010
Planet Earth
Well, here's the story. I kinda paid for Sixserve web hosting after reading some good reviews, and then one day the admin sent me an email saying that I overused their bandwidth and space so they're deregistering my web hosting account and not refunding my $$$ ;( So now I really need a web host so that I can restart my portfolio online. Can you suggest one that's free? Like one that's very lax? I don't wanna pay for it via CC as I'm underaged(I paid for the sixserve one by CODing for paypal credits) and I'm broke after the recent spate of unfortunate events(lost my dslr, and someone manhandled my bazooka). Pls advice.

I am using Readyspace locally. I think Bluehost overseas has great reviews as well.

Ryan

Well, if you buy for me 1 yr pro account, I can treat you for dinner or lunch :)

i buy for you, but i choose the place for dinner. how about it.

Flickr cannot leh...

I upload only 15 images it grumble liao, says I've reached my monthly limit.

Thats why I never take into consideration.

Try uploading lower resolution photos? 100 MB (per month) is quite a lot if you resize your photos. I don't think anyone needs to look at full resolution photos, unless they are looking for camera/lens reviews etc.

I am using Readyspace locally. I think Bluehost overseas has great reviews as well.

Ryan
Hmm... If someone help me buy 12 mths saver plan on readyspace then I treat you to the most expensive burger king meal every month... More manageable for my pocket :D

Well, here's the story. I kinda paid for Sixserve web hosting after reading some good reviews, and then one day the admin sent me an email saying that I overused their bandwidth and space so they're deregistering my web hosting account and not refunding my $$$ ;( So now I really need a web host so that I can restart my portfolio online. Can you suggest one that's free? Like one that's very lax? I don't wanna pay for it via CC as I'm underaged(I paid for the sixserve one by CODing for paypal credits) and I'm broke after the recent spate of unfortunate events(lost my dslr, and someone manhandled my bazooka). Pls advice.

facebook. rights of images belongs to you:sweat:

Hmm... If someone help me buy 12 mths saver plan on readyspace then I treat you to the most expensive burger king meal every month... More manageable for my pocket :D

erh ... how come u keep asking people to sponsor ur website. like that can really wait long long ..

erh ... how come u keep asking people to sponsor ur website. like that can really wait long long ..
I prefer to pay by monthly, NOT by full (More manageable) and I don't have CC...

I can sponsor ppl for lunch/dinner, that's the best best best I can do...

Try uploading lower resolution photos? 100 MB (per month) is quite a lot if you resize your photos. I don't think anyone needs to look at full resolution photos, unless they are looking for camera/lens reviews etc.

Agreed, for web viewing, image with a longer side of 800pixels, 250mb is good enough. One month you can upload 400 pictures, that should be a good start.

Agreed, for web viewing, image with a longer side of 800pixels, 250mb is good enough. One month you can upload 400 pictures, that should be a good start.
Hmm... great idea, although 1 event usually has more than 400 pics... And I don't really like the idea of someone else playing with my images every time, I prefer to have my own design of the page, but it's a good start.