What was this Workshop locked the moment it was posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpoet

Oct 18, 2004
Very puzzling. This workshop was posted and immediately locked by the organizer.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627966

Why?

Might this be the fact that, last time the instructor came to Singapore, hosted a workshop, and the general consensus was it was a total waste of time and money?

laposto
Workshop/Shoot Organiser

more interesting is his post count.

anyway it seems more like if people are interested they just email the address?

laposto
Workshop/Shoot Organiser

anyway it seems more like if people are interested they just email the address?

Post count or joined date, does not matter. The last workshop, charging $200, was the worst $200 I spent. I rather use the $200 to lit a cig.

laposto
Workshop/Shoot Organiser

registered Sep 2009... assuming from the 1st of Sept, and including the whole of today (29Dec), he has been a member for 120 days... so

4,294,967,295 posts in 120 days (that's 4.3 billion, boys and girls),
~35,791,394 posts per day (~35.8 million),
~1,491,308 posts per hour (~1.5 million),
~24,855 posts per minute,
~414 posts per second...

staggering...

and to think the intro to this forum only boasts, and I quote, "5 million information-packed posts"... ;p

registered Sep 2009... assuming from the 1st of Sept, and including the whole of today (29Dec), he has been a member for 120 days... so

4,294,967,295 posts in 120 days (that's 4.3 billion, boys and girls),
~35,791,394 posts per day (~35.8 million),
~1,491,308 posts per hour (~1.5 million),
~24,855 posts per minute,
~414 posts per second...

staggering...

and to think the intro to this forum only boasts, and I quote, "5 million information-packed posts"... ;p

you know you can trust a guy with that many posts.
nigh86mare, it's time to buck up, you haven't been spamming the boards as much as you used to
;)

well. aint the admins gonna look around and say something abt tat post count? it looks like some hacker made their way in.

Post count or joined date, does not matter. The last workshop, charging $200, was the worst $200 I spent. I rather use the $200 to lit a cig.

wow dat bad huh ...

seeing the previous attitudes of certain ahem. people who offered to pm wad they feel. i suspect it wasnt worth it.

and also. i doubt its a bug. if it was tat simple i would be happy to bug my post count to a good fat 5 mil.

Have not attended any photography workshops for such a long time as my timing always clashed with one thing or another.. fortunately the dates 6-7Feb weekend don't have anything on, despite of what was said or written here I signed up... saw his portfolio, he must have got it right somewhere can't wait to learn a thing or two, I don't shoot professionally but portraiture is what I like to shoot. Only thing worried is Photoshop as I don't like to spend too much time on it also not too good at it as well.

../azul123

well. its ur money. we dun have a right. but it looks really suspicious. and along with all the other responses i wouldnt wanna try.

wow dat bad huh ...

The sad thing is, the instructor is really good at what he does. His images showed that.

However, at the last public workshop he did in Singapore, he simply did not care. Not only did he not teach us anything of his tricks, he did not show us anything remotely useful.

Have not attended any photography workshops for such a long time as my timing always clashed with one thing or another.. fortunately the dates 6-7Feb weekend don't have anything on, despite of what was said or written here I signed up... saw his portfolio, he must have got it right somewhere can't wait to learn a thing or two, I don't shoot professionally but portraiture is what I like to shoot. Only thing worried is Photoshop as I don't like to spend too much time on it also not too good at it as well.

../azul123

Me too haven't attend workshop for so long and thot this was something worth attending......now got to reconsider......

Me, I am set on attending... portraiture is what I like to shoot, possibly past workshops in Singapore was not up to expectation of DP and others, but I have read past participants feedback and seen their works (I mean participant's works) they seem to have some of Manny's influence in their works.

Maybe Manny's delivery has gotten better... I don't know but I definitely am free during this period so close to CNY so I plan to go ahead with attending the workshop. Look him up on Facebook and see the photos of his students.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.