What was the greatest invention for Mankind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Read an interesting article that says the greatest invention (Making fire was the oldest) by Man was the WHEEL ...... some 6,000 years ago, possibly by the Sumerian culture! :think: It took another 3,000 years before a major improvement was made by the Orient in 1200 BC, ie the invention of the SPOKE for the wheel.
Today the wheel is at the heart of virtually every mechanical process .....

I know someone going to post this sooner or later "Define 'greatest' " :bsmilie:

for me, i think it's telephone. so convenient and easy to use. :thumbsup:

Sliced bread

Air conditioner. :thumbsup:

PS : Actually, I too read that the greatest invention is the wheel and fully agree with that.

After the wheel, the next greatest invention is the electricity, or rather the ability to generate electricity.

Just imagine, the world without electricity? No CS.

i also agree with electricity.. but it's more of "discovery" of electricity.

without electricity there is without a doubt this whole mordern world will be doomed and will fall apart.

i also agree with electricity.. but it's more of "discovery" of electricity.

without electricity there is without a doubt this whole mordern world will be doomed and will fall apart.

mentioned in the earlier link, without toilet and modern plumbing, modern world will also fall apart :sweatsm:

mentioned in the earlier link, without toilet and modern plumbing, modern world will also fall apart :sweatsm:
without mordern plumbing, we will create more jobs for the "midnight soil man" :bsmilie:

without mordern plumbing, we will create more jobs for the "midnight soil man" :bsmilie:

running up 50 floors of Duxton Plains is no joke, maybe like the Esplanade, can create jobs and at the same time training opportunity for mountaineers :think: :bsmilie:

if there's a demand there will be supply :D There are 'cleaners' who trek up and down Mt Ophir and other Mt and Hills in msia to clear rubbish. And they can scale Ophir in like an hour while I took almost 6 hrs.. :s

I think the Merlion is a pretty smart invention!
Can be used to generate income, and it just sits there spitting water

The greatest invention for singapore is the entirely fake history set up in sentosa for the tourists.

oohhh no.. this is header the wrong direction..
edit:I know liao.. wear knee guard first.. :bsmilie:

nuclear weapons? The great invention that allow certain nations to strut their stuff across the world and gain total immunity for their troops when convicted of crimes.

Haha seriously my thought on the greatest invention are computers. Our civilization has advanced by over a thousand fold in the last 50 years with computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.