What ur coy do when you go for ur RT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Hey guys,

I would like to know that if you go for ur RT, do you need to pay back to ur company for how long you had left?

For instance, you go 1hr early, you pay back the timing by staying back or even come early.

Or rather that your company take ur leave away for the time duration that you had left?

And if your company is good, they say ok then you may go off?

My company told me that as for the first timer (Most of my coll are gals and old men left so Im the only person who got RT), I will need to pay back 1/2 the time that I left. For instance I pay back 30min only if I leave 1 hr earlier. And was told that in future for the next RT if I got, they will take action by deducting my leave to compensate for my early knock off time! (Somemore to say this give you movtivation!) ;( ;(

By the way, the management team are gal and ang mo.

I aint sure about how the rest of your company does but I would like to know.

Thanks

In case your office doesn't know.

RT can do make up pay claim, in which, you can claim up to half day's of pay and leave after lunch.

So far, they just close one eye when people leave at 4 for RT (better early than late for RT, I suppose).

If your office wants to calculate down to the last cent, then just do make up claim, and leave after lunch.

Hmm. thanks. but where can I find the info to let my manager see this?

*ahem* let a qualified RT personnel tell you... :lovegrin:

Just print out your schedule, pass it to your HR and apply your normal reservist leave accordingly. Make up claim should be half day of your one day's pay. So if the army is paying you half-day, why you still need to work that half day?? :p

So far, my past 2 coys when I go for RT, never do make up claim... I leave at 4~4.30 though. If they do then I'd probably leave after 2 or something ;p

Your company is trying to pull a fast one on you :p

espn said:
*ahem* let a qualified RT personnel tell you... :lovegrin:

Just print out your schedule, pass it to your HR and apply your normal reservist leave accordingly. Make up claim should be half day of your one day's pay. So if the army is paying you half-day, why you still need to work that half day?? :p

So far, my past 2 coys when I go for RT, never do make up claim... I leave at 4~4.30 though. If they do then I'd probably leave after 2 or something ;p

I print out the schedule for them already. But they still ask me to pay them back the timing. And now they even want to take a day leave to convert to time off and deduct from there.

So you are saying that I should ask my HR whether they do any Make Up Claim?

I didn't know we can claim makeup pay for RT - the most I knew was that they would pay 1/2 day SERVICE pay....

Anyone knows any authority/link/*** website which states we can claim makeup pay for RT? If I was not wrong, they purposely scheduled RT outside of office hours to avoid having to pay makeup pay.

vince - how does ur employee deal with that matter if you have RT? They took ur leave or ask u to compensate the time if you leave early?

I also would like to know more abt the claim thing. Felt that company is 'eating' me big time... wondering what goes to the others also. hmm....

Well, I have never heard of any employers asking to compensate on time or take leave for this. I do know that RT they normally allow you to reach at 630 or so... so if you leave at 6pm you should still be able to make it.

Unless you tell me that your employer does't even let you leave at 6?? Most are ok with their employees leaving maybe 5 or 530. Those who leave at 4...lagi better :)

josho said:
vince - how does ur employee deal with that matter if you have RT? They took ur leave or ask u to compensate the time if you leave early?

I also would like to know more abt the claim thing. Felt that company is 'eating' me big time... wondering what goes to the others also. hmm....

different company different policy lor..

if my workers go for RT, i think i'll ask them to prove wat time their RT start. den let them go 1 hour earlier... since it won't make any difference for that hour or so... but i small company lor... negotiable... maybe your HR department is a menace... or all girls, no RT 1s... (me no go RT also...)

for me, i leave 1 hr early...

then still got company transport.. hehe...

steady rite...

wahsey..... thats nice leh.. Del - can I work in ur coy instead? LOL

Man.. im awaiting espn to show me the site. I cant find the info regarding to that. :( Just feel so piss about it. Every single thing have to be so calculative... *brat*

josho said:
wahsey..... thats nice leh.. Del - can I work in ur coy instead? LOL

Man.. im awaiting espn to show me the site. I cant find the info regarding to that. :( Just feel so piss about it. Every single thing have to be so calculative... *brat*
My friends who attend RT with me does the make up claim. Those that attend RT-IPPT at bedok would know that those that do make up claims can only in-pro after 6pm. Whereas those that aren't doing any, can in-pro as early as 5.30.

Anyway, if the company is so calculative, it's probably not a good place to stay. I hate companies who calculate with me down to the last second. My 2nd last job was as such, so I just came in on time and left on time. Nothing more to say on that. It's all give and take and without abuse.

Looks like its more an unofficial system since its not on M-I-W nor is it publicised during RT briefings. Looks like you'll have to try it out and see if it works.

Yah I had already checked that site but it didnt really mention anything regarding to RT Make Up Claim.

But given with no proof shown on the web, how can I let my manager know about this situation? Maybe I shall have a close door meeting..

espn - not that I dun wan to leave, prob is nowhere I can do man. hee

Ok, I just clear the doubt by calling Mindef earlier on.

The guy told me that if the RT start at 6pm and my work end at 6pm, there's no claim for the 1 hr due to travelling time. If the working time is until 7pm, then there's a half day claim which mean can go off half the day.

As for my case, darn it. I had to neo. with the company... feel so stupid by been so niao on the timing.. puiz...

Which is why I said that MINDEF purposely schedule RT at 6pm. They dont care that your working place is at one end of the island and your training centre is at another end - then again, they dont care about anything at all.

So what time does your official hours end?

josho said:
Ok, I just clear the doubt by calling Mindef earlier on.

The guy told me that if the RT start at 6pm and my work end at 6pm, there's no claim for the 1 hr due to travelling time. If the working time is until 7pm, then there's a half day claim which mean can go off half the day.

As for my case, darn it. I had to neo. with the company... feel so stupid by been so niao on the timing.. puiz...

Status
Not open for further replies.