What type of photo paper you use to print 4R photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Epson Photo Quality Glossy Paper and printed it out for the 1st time. Results not really good which makes me wanna use matt paper instead. Or is is just this paper not good enough?

Originally posted by revenant
I got a Epson Photo Quality Glossy Paper and printed it out for the 1st time. Results not really good which makes me wanna use matt paper instead. Or is is just this paper not good enough?

Not that good. Use Premium if you want glossy. A bit ex though. The cheaper alternative is to use Ilford Galerie series. The Smooth Pearl is excellent.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Not that good. Use Premium if you want glossy. A bit ex though. The cheaper alternative is to use Ilford Galerie series. The Smooth Pearl is excellent.

Regards
CK

How much is the Ilford Galerie series? Is Ilford Galerie the brand?

Originally posted by ckiang

Ilford is the brand. Galerie is the series of inkjet paper. $18-19 for a box of 25 at Ruby.

Regards
CK

Is it A4 size?

Was thinking that using A4 size paper to print 4R photo is a bit wasteful...

New product at less than 6 mths old. It is 8.90 (member) at Challenger for 20 sheets(4R size).

It is 270g/m2...;p

Is it A4 size?

Was thinking that using A4 size paper to print 4R photo is a bit wasteful...

If u have a very good paper cutter, printing on A4 gets u 3x4R using Qimage. It works out cheaper than 4R alone usu. However, good paper cutter's are expensive.

It is always cheaper to print your 4Rs at the lab. I do mine for $0.35-38 per piece with no handling charge...;)

Originally posted by Java_Guru
New product at less than 6 mths old. It is 8.90 (member) at Challenger for 20 sheets(4R size).

It is 270g/m2...;p

err.....I think Epson and Canon don't go quite well? :D

Anyway, what's 270g/m2 about? The thickness?

err.....I think Epson and Canon don't go quite well? :D

Anyway, what's 270g/m2 about? The thickness?

I haev both and THEY go very well. Epson and Canon papers are very compatible except at the extreme highest of all quality standards of user.

That is the paper weight. The heavier the more like a 4R from a lab.

It is always cheaper to print your 4Rs at the lab. I do mine for $0.35-38 per piece with no handling charge...;)

Where's the shop? Guess the price is only available for you?

Where's the shop? Guess the price is only available for you?

That is a special price. But u can join its membership scheme and print in bulk (50 I think), I think u can get $0.38. No guarantees.

Check out my post in Consumer's Corner for location and details. I even did the icm color profiles from the shop machine if u are particular.

That is a special price. But u can join its membership scheme and print in bulk (50 I think), I think u can get $0.38. No guarantees.

Check out my post in Consumer's Corner for location and details. I even did the icm color profiles from the shop machine if u are particular.

ok thanx..

hmm so far most of the time i use Konica photo glossy silky inkjet paper or high gloss ink jet paper and I'm quite happy with it!
it's abt $12 for 30 pieces (4R)

Originally posted by weg
hmm so far most of the time i use Konica photo glossy silky inkjet paper or high gloss ink jet paper and I'm quite happy with it!

Using what printer? Where you got it?

Originally posted by weg
Where can i get it for 12 dollars?
Cheapest i can find is 12.50 at Popular

Status
Not open for further replies.