What type of lens for upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevada

Jan 31, 2007
Seattle, US
www.pbase.com
Hi,

Got a 350D canon camera and wondering what is the first Lens should i get for upgrade. The types of pictures that i like to take is at this web www.pbase.com/3f3nd1
And what is the price range?
If you guys don't mind maybe you could list out the next upgrade should i take ...

Thanks,
Edwin

Hi,

Got a 350D canon camera and wondering what is the first Lens should i get for upgrade. The types of pictures that i like to take is at this web www.pbase.com/3f3nd1
And what is the price range?
If you guys don't mind maybe you could list out the next upgrade should i take ...

Thanks,
Edwin

I'll suggest the 17-40 f/4L.

It looks like the 18-55 kit lens...what would u want to change to other lens...dun see a lot DOF also...no point changing...

I'd recommend EFS 10-22 since you seem to like wide-angle shots. Otherwise you could try the 17-40L.

Hi guys,

Actually i preffered a used canon lenses ...

Snoweagle,
"I'll suggest the 17-40 f/4L." is that considered as micro?? sorry i am still really new to this thing.

Kit,
I find that using the current lens, i find it hard to get a really far object. I need a better lens to take a pic of birds and other similar stuff. For taking a really close up picture, it can't be done using my current lens too. the pic quality is really different ...

westwest1,
Yes my current lens is the 18 - 55mm lens

peapilot,
Do you have any idea how much does it cost? in Singapore?

you can take far away objects with the 17-40. it is even wider than your 18-55.

if you want to take birds then is another set of investment leh:D

why not get a walkabout lens like the 28-135. you can consider the 70-200 f4L as well. they are all sub 1k.

Hi guys,

Snoweagle,
"I'll suggest the 17-40 f/4L." is that considered as micro?? sorry i am still really new to this thing.

It's not a macro lens but at 40mm end, u can take relatively close up pics which is approx. 1:4 magnification.

Hi Nevada,

Have u considered buying lens from amazon.com? Their prices might be even better than the prices in singapore. There is also free shipping for lens within US...

buy it once buy it good, save money for a 70-200 f2.8 IS.

Hi guys,

Snoweagle,

Kit,
I find that using the current lens, i find it hard to get a really far object. I need a better lens to take a pic of birds and other similar stuff. For taking a really close up picture, it can't be done using my current lens too. the pic quality is really different ...

westwest1,
Yes my current lens is the 18 - 55mm lens

peapilot,
Do you have any idea how much does it cost? in Singapore?

Go for 70-200 f4L if you have limited budget... else the f2.8L with or without IS. I guess that is the next lens you need to reach further :sweatsm:

Serious birds shooting... u will have to reach out further to 100-400 L :sweat:

hi guys, Thank you for giving me lots of input. After reading the thread i know that there are few types of lenses that i will consider to get. Like the
(1) 70-200 f4L (2)EF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 USM.

And as for Amazon.com, yes i do agree their price is the cheapest so far compared to ebay. But certain item you can get it even cheaper in Singapore :p Anyway my fiancee is in Singapore and she can collect the item for me once payment is made.

Once again thanks alot guys!

Edwin

Status
Not open for further replies.