what type of camera can bring into concerts?

kababoom

Nov 23, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi is there a size for camera which can be brought into concerts?
i've managed to bring GH1 into a concert but a friend of mine wif D5100 cannot?
any advise :)

Really depends on the concert organisers doesn't it? I would say, just go and enjoy the concert if you're going there as a concert-goer not a photographer.

Really depends on the concert organisers doesn't it? I would say, just go and enjoy the concert if you're going there as a concert-goer not a photographer.
agree why not just make a light and simply camera snap and keep for memories and enjoy the concert

normal p&s image qty is not really gd especially with concert lightning thinking of Olympus PEN series for such events lol

basically they want to control all the photos being taken during the concert, those photos taken by handphone, PnS, which generally casually taken and low in quality, it will end up in social network media sites which will help them in publicity,

photos taken by other type of cameras, no, they don't allow.

take a compact - you will never have problems with it. why bother with all this - going to enjoy concert, right? like mentioned earlier, take pictures just for memory. and enjoy the moment!

...bring the type of camera that organisers will approve .............. iphone ..........

Bring a harmless looking mirrorless camera, then whoop up the big zoom
8xtpnq.jpg

i managed to bring in a Canon 1000d with a 55-250mm lens for Sarah Bareilles' concert, and a Nikon D7000 with 80-200mm lens for Rachael Yamagata's concert
both were at the Esplanade Concert Hall
and if I may add, i was completely blown away by their performances
at Sarah Bareilles' concert, an usher asked me if I was taking the photos in a professional capacity. So i think that if you're a "hobbyist" and not working for anyone when taking the photos, the Esplanade people will be pretty chill about it
and i managed to get a photograph, autograph and hug from Rachael Yamagata too!

usually the F1 Concerts allow DSLR shooters in.

but you'd have to check with the event organizers for other concerts held in Singapore

I usually bring a nex, lately a rx100. No problem. If you are going with a girl, have her bring a backpack, put the dslr at the bottom and then a T-shirt and some underwear on top to hide it. That's how people sneak in a dslr. Once the bag checkers see the clothes/undies they usually will not dig deeper

i managed to bring in a Canon 1000d with a 55-250mm lens for Sarah Bareilles' concert, and a Nikon D7000 with 80-200mm lens for Rachael Yamagata's concert
both were at the Esplanade Concert Hall
and if I may add, i was completely blown away by their performances

do you mean the equipment or the artiste ?

I usually bring a nex, lately a rx100. No problem. If you are going with a girl, have her bring a backpack, put the dslr at the bottom and then a T-shirt and some underwear on top to hide it. That's how people sneak in a dslr. Once the bag checkers see the clothes/undies they usually will not dig deeper

one of my friends is a blue robot cat with a red collar. you can borrow his pocket to hide stuff. :)

Shizuma said:
one of my friends is a blue robot cat with a red collar. you can borrow his pocket to hide stuff. :)

Lol, doreamon?

... the invisible ones? or at least to organizers....

If you are going with a girl, have her bring a backpack, put the dslr ........and then a T-shirt and some underwear on top to hide it.........

sorry OT....

clean or soiled ......hers or yours ??? :eek::bsmilie:

I'd like to try that with a blind date

Last edited:
definitely the artistes hahahaha