What type of camera bag do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtan24

Dec 21, 2005
Tampines
Just curious what type of bag CS user use. As for me I used the shoulder bag that came with with my Dynax 5D. I'm thinking of replacing it with a haversack.

Haversack is good as it distributes the weight on your shoulder evenly, I own a shoulder bag and a haversack hence can swop around depending on my mood and style of shooting. Lowepro Mini Trekker is good, just nice for a basic photographer's set up :)

Ivan11 said:
Haversack is good as it distributes the weight on your shoulder evenly, I own a shoulder bag and a haversack hence can swop around depending on my mood and style of shooting. Lowepro Mini Trekker is good, just nice for a basic photographer's set up :)

I'm thinking of getting the Lowepro Rover any good?

Now using a Lowepro Rover AW II. It feels great. Less weight of my shoulders.

personally i prefer slingbags for outdoors etc.. everything is alot more accessible..
if going out to trekking/tours etc... backpack.

I'm currently using the Lowepro Nova 4 AW. I don't like backpacks as they're troublesome to take equipment in and out quickly and efficiently.

do we need to use expensive bad or normal bag will do?
i'm using a cheapo bag bought new at TCW at $30 :d
can take one body with no lens and 4 lens or 1 body with lens on and 2 lens :d
i'm not sure abt others, but i don know why a bag must be $100+?

curious, what type of bag for 2 tele lens,3 mid- lens and (body+acc)... *dont want shoulder bag...

thanks...

eee... my friend recommanded me,,, 1 toploader, and few lens caSE... reason is..

Crumplers only.
Tallee for local shooting and Farmer's Double for long range travelling.
Tallee have that 3rd leg 'strap' so the bag ends up like a mini haversack behind. :thumbsup:

hi guys,

i carry a CompuTrekker AW as i have a laptop to carry around as well. Its a nice bag but just that it is abit too big. hehehhe.

Hi there,
It really depend on how you shoot and what stuff you want to bring. I have 5 different types of bags for different occasions.

Lowepro Omni Traveller... Travelling.
Lowepro Nova 4... light to mid vegetation and activity, and city shoots.
Lowepro Micro Trekker 200... Longer treks/ wilderness and less people around.
Safrotto (Working satchel look)... city shoots and after work shoots.
Delsey x90... casual walkabout shoots.

All must be ready to support out-of-bag (no need to put bag down) shooting operations, except for the backpack model of course. I am competing with the wife with her bags already! :bsmilie:

Hope this helps!

Using a Lowepro Stealth Reporter D300 and Nova 4. Used to own a Computrekker Aw but too big. Slling/Shoulder bags more convenient to take equipment in/out but when bringing tripod/monopod... a bag is more useful but i just sling the tripod bag along.

1 A Samsonite Messager bag with Lowepro lense pouchs for candid shoots
2 Lowepro Mini-trekker for travelling

Still deciding if I should get a Billingham Bag ;p

using the good old nikon bag.. haha.. dunno wat bag to change..:dunno:

Caomhin said:
Hi there,
It really depend on how you shoot and what stuff you want to bring. I have 5 different types of bags for different occasions.
haha... true true, different bags for different occasions. I have 3 bags...

1) Lowepro Rover AWII - for travelling, cycling, photo outings, etc...
2) Lowepro Nova 5 AW - for various assignments (when more gears are needed)
3) Crumpler Tallee - for casual shoots in town or work, when a nice looking bag comes in handy

There's no all-in-one bag, different purpose different bags.

When not in use, my bags are put in plastic bags and kept on top of my bookshelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.