What type of bounce card you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjackal

Jul 9, 2008
Any suggestion for a good one and where to get?

I am currently using my own DIY, a piece of white cardboard (some magazine's cover) cut and attached with bicycle tyres' rubber tube. While it produces good results, it looks really cheapskate, especially after I used it a while and it starts to crumple and fray at the sides. :embrass:

I am thinking DIY is more like a last minute rig or backup but I want to get a proper one that will last and look proper. Thanx.

bc4yo5.jpg

White Acrylic Board 5" x 7", rounded and filed sides, Velcro mounted with epoxy glue, velcro wrap-around strip fit through strip-shaped hole, held firmly by jagged teeth.
I have since replaced the lower velcro 'stick on' with a whole loop of velcro, similar to the upper one.

My original thread

Cheers,
Zexun

Last edited:
Thanx, but I guess I dont have the time to DIY. :cry:

bc4yo5.jpg

White Acrylic Board 5" x 7", rounded and filed sides, Velcro mounted with epoxy glue, velcro wrap-around strip fit through strip-shaped hole, held firmly by jagged teeth.
I have since replaced the lower velcro 'stick on' with a whole loop of velcro, similar to the upper one.

My original thread

Cheers,
Zexun

cool stuff! ;p
care to share some shots you took with it? :)

Bounce card?

I use this one : Jus Bounce.

JusBounce.jpg

Just follow the link to know more on where to get it.

bc4yo5.jpg

My original thread

Cheers,
Zexun

Wow! Impresive DIY, looks very pro leh :thumbsup:

I'm using Flip It, it's good and i can use it on both my SB 600 and 400.

Alright, some shots using the DIY bounce card- It's a great fill-in, for some reason, it fills in wrinkles if used properly (due to the large 5x5" surface of reflection).

2743772755_6eb91ece5c_o.jpg

2820780103_c8e24d63dd_o.jpg

2832571018_ebfe093014_o.jpg

Cheers,
Zexun

Last edited:
Anyone knows thats the material the Jusbounce card is made of?

I think I might be getting the Demp flipit and diffuser combo because it looks very versatile and better built. I like it for the fact that there is no need to glue Velcro to the flash.

Anyone knows thats the material the Jusbounce card is made of?

Some form of plastic... quite stiff, I use it as a fan when I'm really hot... :bsmilie:

there is no one bounce device fix all problems.

I can have five ways/devices of using the hotshoe flash to light a scene or subject, depends on what is the environment like.

Some form of plastic... quite stiff, I use it as a fan when I'm really hot... :bsmilie:

Sounds good. I'm a heavy sweater.

there is no one bounce device fix all problems.

I can have five ways/devices of using the hotshoe flash to light a scene or subject, depends on what is the environment like.

Haha is that your SOP answer to these kinda threads? Not asking it to fix all problems!

Just need it to work as it should and look better than my cardboard and rubber band fix. ;)

Sounds good. I'm a heavy sweater.

Haha is that your SOP answer to these kinda threads? Not asking it to fix all problems!

Just need it to work as it should and look better than my cardboard and rubber band fix. ;)
long before Nikon has a built in bounce card for the flash, many photographers just simply using rubber band attach a white plastic spool on the flash, to use it as a same kind of small bounce device.

the morel of the story... when don't have, just improvise, when it is (commercially) available, just buy and use it.

long before Nikon has a built in bounce card for the flash, many photographers just simply using rubber band attach a white plastic spool on the flash, to use it as a same kind of small bounce device.

the morel of the story... when don't have, just improvise, when it is (commercially) available, just buy and use it.

Isn't that what I am trying to do now?

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.