What type of bag system is good to carry these stuff

htngwilliam

May 17, 2005
Tiny island
Hi everyone

I intend to carry these stuff around on a field and hiking trip so I wonder what is a good way to carry them

1) Canon 450D or 40D body with 1 x tamron 17-50 f2.8 lens
2) 1 flash 580 EXII

Any suggestion whether belt system/ pack, shoulder bag or something is more suitable? :)

Thanks!

Think Tank speed demon? Definitely can put body with lens + flash. If in future u wanna bring additional lens u can get a lighting fast for your flash.

Planning to expand, any laptop or anything you need? If not, shoulder bag is good as your setup is light and shoulder bag is easier to take out stuff when needed on the move. Belt system from my POV is more of standby storage for those who carry shoulder bag and lots of gear but need faster withdraw of equipment.

Actually, I looked at the speed demon and find it reasonably compact to use. I dont carry my laptop for these trips. I do have a kata 3n1-22 which i carry my netbook and camera gears with me but if i were to go on short walking trips, I dont think i would want to bring all the stuff along.

Probably just one body, one lens, one flash:D

Hi everyone

I intend to carry these stuff around on a field and hiking trip so I wonder what is a good way to carry them

2) 1 flash 580 EXII

Any suggestion whether belt system/ pack, shoulder bag or something is more suitable? :)

Thanks!
with this setup, lowepro slingshot 100 or 200 will do

Actually, I looked at the speed demon and find it reasonably compact to use. I dont carry my laptop for these trips. I do have a kata 3n1-22 which i carry my netbook and camera gears with me but if i were to go on short walking trips, I dont think i would want to bring all the stuff along.

Probably just one body, one lens, one flash:D

Haha! I have a 3n1-22 as well... guess we have similar setup... Anyway, I have used speed demon and have to run during certain situations. The bag doesn't swing left and right as it is attached firmly to my body. Have to use the shoulder strap and belt strap together though. :-D

.... I dont carry my laptop for these trips... Probably just one body, one lens, one flash

You may also look up Tamrac Velocity camera bag series which comes with additional built-in hidden straps for use during hiking or biking. See the Tamrac promotional video for quick understanding of the bag series mentioned.

Hi everyone

2) 1 flash 580 EXII

Thanks!

You might want to try Lowepro Stealth Reporter D300AW/D400AW, I'm using one and it holds my gear comfortably with room to spare. As for belt system, if you shoot events regularly, it would be faster to change lenses etc.

I will be looking at Tarmac velocity 5X and Thinktank speed demon..:D