What tripods do you use with your LX-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

palestofwhite

Dec 17, 2006
I'm just curious as to what you guys use with your LX-3. I myself am looking around for one to make full use the camera under low light settings, which I'm sure is also what this cam excels at. Ideally a tripod that's light and compact. Something practical for a PNS?

Maybe the gorilla pod?

Maybe the gorilla pod?

I quite like how the gorilla pod works, just that it relies on a given height to work with. A full length tripod should be good when you don't have any given height to use the gorilla pod with! :confused:

I bought the benro a350 because I knew I was going to get a DSLR next time. :)

I got a mini gorilla pod to use with for my digital compact, useful and handy i must say, but definitly not good enough to support high-end shooting.

The truth is... my D70 is already about 5-6 years old. Maybe I'll get something to acommodate both!

I only have one tripod - Manfrotto 055XProB with 488RC0 ballhead.

:bigeyes: Your tripod is much much heavier than ur LX3 :bsmilie:

Just get a cheap but decent tripod from Challenger for $20 or so is good enough lah...as long as can stand still good enough. hee hee

:bigeyes: Your tripod is much much heavier than ur LX3 :bsmilie:

Power .... OverKill ....

It's meant for my DSLR setup and it's also heavier than that already, total weight of tripod plus ballhead already around 3.2kgs.

I find no point buying a separate tripod for my LX3 as I also don't use it with tripod and seldom use tripod too. ;p

im thinking of getting the Nikon SL168 (the freebie tripod that you guys get from the purchase of your DSLR) for my LX3.

is it suitable? cos i will be travelling soon and intending to take loads of pics. hope this is a optimal weight+stability combi?

Use Slik Sprint pro II on my LX3 before, very light weight on carry around.

hmmm.. is 1.15kg too heavy?

cos the intention to get a tripod now is mainly for my upcoming trip. other than that, i dont think i will fully utilise a branded tripod. thats why more keen to get a cheap and ok one...

or should I not compromise and do it once, do it good?

I am using the Benro A055 (i think) because before i bought the LX3, i was using it for my film SLR. cost around $120 at the usual shops. light weight but not very usable for heavier setup. :)

im thinking of getting the Nikon SL168 (the freebie tripod that you guys get from the purchase of your DSLR) for my LX3.

is it suitable? cos i will be travelling soon and intending to take loads of pics. hope this is a optimal weight+stability combi?

i'm using that.. hah!

no prob !

Status
Not open for further replies.