that? How much does it cost?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

:eek: :eek: Very striking sign............:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
:bigeyes:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
haha
+1 10 char..

Sigh, I didn't take photo of the head, since there were so many people in the outing.
It looks like large normal head but one can twist and turn the camera at ease without
first loosing the handle/screw. Once motion is stopped, the camera stops still and holds
its position without tighterning a screw.

Most, if not all, of the higher end ballheads can do that. For example, Arca-Swiss Monoball, Markins, Kangrinpoche, etc. Just pop down to Cathay Photo and ask for a demo.

dRebelXT said:
Sigh, I didn't take photo of the head, since there were so many people in the outing.
It looks like large normal head but one can twist and turn the camera at ease without
first loosing the handle/screw. Once motion is stopped, the camera stops still and holds
its position without tighterning a screw.
Something like this?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/largeimages/367751.jpg

*Edited cos of copyright issue ~ Bluestrike*

+evenstar said:
this one doesn't stop and lock into position when motion is stopped

really? :eek:

then its really strange y ppl buy the Monoball B1 due to its torsion control then...

+evenstar said:
torsion control? is it because of the knob that you can adjust it to different tensions to suit your different needs...?

yes...

and u can move it to the angle u want, let go & it stays.

strange y u say it does not lock into position.
wonder y....

markccm said:
yes...

and u can move it to the angle u want, let go & it stays.

strange y u say it does not lock into position.
wonder y....
cos for mine, i loosen the knob and reposition my lens before tightening back. I can't move the lens without loosening the knob

+evenstar said:
cos for mine, i loosen the knob and reposition my lens before tightening back. I can't move the lens without loosening the knob

u r not supposed to loosen duh....

u r supposed to adjust to the correct tension whereby u can still move ur cam, but yet it stays when u take your hands off.

if have to tighten all the time, might as well use a normal Manfrotto head liao.
no need to spend so much for this tension control thingy.

markccm said:
u r not supposed to loosen duh....

u r supposed to adjust to the correct tension whereby u can still move ur cam, but yet it stays when u take your hands off.

if have to tighten all the time, might as well use a normal Manfrotto head liao.
no need to spend so much for this tension control thingy.
if i don't loosen, my lens will have lens creep, if i tighten, i cant move my lens:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

+evenstar said:
if i don't loosen, my lens will have lens creep, if i tighten, i cant move my lens:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

seems like u have yet to master how to use this ballhead.

gimmie, put it to good use for u.
think u can get a Manfrotto instead

catchlights said:
buy a $400~$500 tripod head and don't know how it works?
Hmmm...so I set it to tension 12 and still move it? cos i've tried the ballhead and it creeps when i mount my 300 2.8 on it tilted at an angle, same as my own ballhead

markccm said:
maybe its a gift to him or not bought with his own $?
the ballhead i tried belongs to my friend. i currently use a kang rinpoche nb-1, similar to the arca swiss B-1

Status
Not open for further replies.