What Tripod to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swatch

Oct 28, 2005
Highlander
I need a tripod, for my 350D with 55-200mm and 18-55mm lenses. Im not really familiar with tripods,therefore im asking here... Prices should be ard $100+ or less. I need a sturdy tripod.Hope you can help me... Oh! and whats about these different heads?

hey pal...
recommend u manfrotto.... budget a bit more than $200...
tripod get 190proB... head maybe get a 486RC2...
worth the price man... go for it...

but a bit heavy,,,.... but very sturdy!!!!!
i have tried those 40, 50 bucks tripod bought from camera shops.. not so good... but then again, they are light, good for carrying it around all day.:bsmilie:

Thx,now currently looking at 055PRO...

Do bear in mind that the 055PRO is really quite heavy. With your set-up, you're better off with the 190PRO.
Alternatively, you can look for a light one like the Slik Sprint Pro GM, about $90 w/ball head (can be changed to a better ball head if and when desired). Of course it won't be as stable as the bigger heavier ones, but it's very portable (~800g). All depends on what you want to use it for.

mephesto said:
Do bear in mind that the 055PRO is really quite heavy. With your set-up, you're better off with the 190PRO.
Alternatively, you can look for a light one like the Slik Sprint Pro GM, about $90 w/ball head (can be changed to a better ball head if and when desired). Of course it won't be as stable as the bigger heavier ones, but it's very portable (~800g). All depends on what you want to use it for.

:thumbsup: . Considered bringing my 055CLB for my recent Bangkok:think:
:sweat: Still ended bringing my monopod.

For travel try giving Slik Pro 330 or 340 DX a look over, I like the leg release better than most CF Tripod which most are twist screw tightened type. Weight wise is comparable with CF Tripods, just replace the heads with something better and you have a light and good travel tripod that can support upto 4Kg.

../azul123

After going on outing today, I'd prefer something light...haha:bsmilie:

mephesto said:

Is the offer still on?? Which shops are selling it? I've just emailed CP yesterday, haven't got their reply... *keeps fingers crossed*

Anyone heard of Feisol? this brand? The tripod looks not bad.. 3401 i meant.. if looking for manfrotto ballhead i think you can try asking sykestang.. he might have.

This is what MS Colour replied in its e-quote today:
SLIK tripod Sprint Pro GM (lightweight at about 890g) $79 free tripod case

*drools*
Should I get out and get one right now?!? :D

mephesto said:

It's not very heavy...total with my ballhead it's only nearly 3kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.