What tripod next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metallilan

Jan 6, 2006
Singapore
Any lumixers here can recommend me any good tripods Think im gonna spend alittle bit more on a good tripod like slik or [insert a branded tripod brand here] for the long term...

So, any suggestions? ;)

My current tripod is starting to drive me insane... :confused:

metallilan said:
Any lumixers here can recommend me any good tripods Think im gonna spend alittle bit more on a good tripod like slik or [insert a branded tripod brand here] for the long term...

So, any suggestions? ;)

My current tripod is starting to drive me insane... :confused:

slik sprint pro - lightweight
manfrotto - heavy and sturdy

i think i'll stick to slik since its around my price range... manfrotto's are pretty expensive...

can ya guys like er...include the price as well? im looking for one thats around $150 or around there..the lesser the better!

Manfrotto 190ProB... look for 2nd hand selling in B&S. Around that price also. =)

hmm i'll try looking for first hand ones for now..heh. will try b&s soon.

I'm sure most people would have bought one which is affordable at that time, and then want to upgrade it at a later time. Me too was in this situation. Buy this, sell this, and buy again, and sell again. Untill I bought my gitzo, and had kept using it till now. No complains. Perhaps, you might want to get a better one just in case you'll be upgrading your camera soon. :)

hi Me, wad knid of price range r u looking at?

IMO, Slik is d best value 4 $$$ if ur budget is under $170. check http://www.thkphoto.com/products/slik/index.html out 4 all d specs.

jus dun get d "U" series, ttz not really an upgrade IMO. i recommend d Pro / Professional series. :think:

hongjone said:
I'm sure most people would have bought one which is affordable at that time, and then want to upgrade it at a later time. Me too was in this situation. Buy this, sell this, and buy again, and sell again. Untill I bought my gitzo, and had kept using it till now. No complains. Perhaps, you might want to get a better one just in case you'll be upgrading your camera soon. :)

Well Said.:thumbsup: Gone thru that path of life too. The buying NEVER ends :dunno:
My standard not so high, manfrotto can liao..... emmm :think:

and to add a new saying by myself as i noticed it happens most of the time...

"good heavy and sturdy tripod are meant for local use while light weight tripod are for overseas use"

thanks for the replies.

i was comparing between slik and manfrotto and it indeed looks like manfrotto has a better build that slik, not to mean that slik isnt good la, they are...

i was thinking of something of either one of the models from 330dx to 400dx. was trying to look for a good/moderately priced manfrotto tripod but havent found any yet... ;p

dominator said:

"good heavy and sturdy tripod are meant for local use while light weight tripod are for overseas use"

bro,
well say :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
so does camera.....................:bsmilie:

FZ5owner said:
bro,
well say :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
so does camera.....................:bsmilie:

:bsmilie: then buy U&T camera. useD and throw :bsmilie:
just keep the film.

metallilan said:
thanks for the replies.

i was comparing between slik and manfrotto and it indeed looks like manfrotto has a better build that slik, not to mean that slik isnt good la, they are...

i was thinking of something of either one of the models from 330dx to 400dx. was trying to look for a good/moderately priced manfrotto tripod but havent found any yet... ;p

check up this n B&S......
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=177020

Hi metallilan,

The slik sprint pro is a good tripod for FZ-5 uses. Very portable and stable enough for most situations.

Josephteo548 said:
Hi metallilan,

The slik sprint pro is a good tripod for FZ-5 uses. Very portable and stable enough for most situations.

FZ-20 users here..

also using the SLIK SPRINT PRO.. can tahan my cam with flash also..

i managed to get prices for them slik tripods...now i narrowed it down to either the 330dx or 340 dx...

dominator said:

in my case, my heavy (2.5kg) tripod is going overseas w/ me!!;p

my table-top tripod follow suite... :bsmilie:

not tt i can afford go back reshoot nx time... :sweat:

dominator said:

For me, good heavy and sturdy tripods are meant for heavy gear.

While light weight tripods are meant for light gear.

I dread to imagine what would happen if my heavy gear are mounted on a light weight tripod while I am overseas.

I agree with what student had mentioned. ;)

Basically all Pana cam arent that heavy. Unless U really see urself moving into heavy camera stage then you may pour the money on good sturdy tripod. For a start, you may use manfrotto with a ball head. This is what Im using though, of course for heavy equipment though.

The buy buy buy virus is bound to have but look far and think properly before you get. Buy what you think it fit for ur usage.

Just my 2cent worth. :)

lol get a slik sprint pro! it's light, it's strong, good for wacking people on MRT trains when they don't give way. :) on top of that I really recommend getting a manfrotto quick release.
A new SSP = $85
A quick release = $30
:) well within your budget. LOL manfrotto good, coz can use your quick release plate on other pple's tripod if need.

Status
Not open for further replies.