What tripod & head to buy with $300 budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxkcyeo

Dec 29, 2003
Hi guys,

I have read quite a few tripod recommendations posts here. I must say, seems like every tripod is good! So I rather ask for recommendation base on my budget. I know a good tripod cost about $100+++. With my budget which combination of tripod plus head to go for? I am using Canon 10D and have two lens, Canon 28-80 f2.8L(77mm) and Sigma 12-24 f4.5-5.6(82mm)

Budget $300

Thanks

manfrotto tripods....but u have to consider your needs too...if u gonna lug it overseas and everything...get a lighter one....those really heavy ones are good but sometimes impractical in travel....so have to consider properly..

Weight is ok for me as long as its not like 10kg! Stability and flexiblity are my concern. Head must be flexible and tripod must be stable.

Standard reply: Manfrotto 190 :D

As for heads, consider a good 3 way head...think they are much cheaper than a good ballhead.

maxkcyeo said:
Hi guys,

I have read quite a few tripod recommendations posts here. I must say, seems like every tripod is good! So I rather ask for recommendation base on my budget. I know a good tripod cost about $100+++. With my budget which combination of tripod plus head to go for? I am using Canon 10D and have two lens, Canon 28-80 f2.8L(77mm) and Sigma 12-24 f4.5-5.6(82mm)

Budget $300

Thanks

Go for the Manfrotto 055CL and the Giottos MH1000 head with Quick-release :thumbsup:

My set-up is a 300D with 17-40f4 (heaviest lens that i have)

fox said:
Go for the Manfrotto 055CL and the Giottos MH1000 head with Quick-release :thumbsup:

My set-up is a 300D with 17-40f4 (heaviest lens that i have)

Hey fox.. I am interested to know how much in total you paid for the 055CL + Giottos MH1000 ? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.