What to use to hold ABBC on flash head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2008
Pasir Ris
Hi CSers, I'm a newbie and trying to DIY a ABBC for my 430EX. Wondering what is used to hold it. Help please!

Dec 2, 2006
I used some bluetacks before.

You cn also used a stack of rubber bands, cut ballons or disposable gloves, or just tape them on.

Dunno about others but i use the 3M velcros. Those non-fibre type, hope you understand what I'm talking about. Stick 2 strips around the flash, then sew on 2 strips on the ABBC. Attaches on firmly, easy to roll the ABBC up and down to vary the amount of bounce required. Works well for me so far, can give it a try :) Another way that I tried is to use bicycle tyre tubes, cut a strip of about 1 cm thickness, stretch it for a few days around something thick to make it looser. Just strap it across the flash with your ABBC, should hold it firmly in place too.

Mar 10, 2008
Pasir Ris
Dunno about others but i use the 3M velcros. Those non-fibre type, hope you understand what I'm talking about. Stick 2 strips around the flash, then sew on 2 strips on the ABBC. Attaches on firmly, easy to roll the ABBC up and down to vary the amount of bounce required. Works well for me so far, can give it a try :) Another way that I tried is to use bicycle tyre tubes, cut a strip of about 1 cm thickness, stretch it for a few days around something thick to make it looser. Just strap it across the flash with your ABBC, should hold it firmly in place too.
where can I get those 3M velcros?

hammie

Jun 29, 2004
Tiong Bahru
beach road black rubber bands. the same one that come from tires.

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol

1 minute after DIYing

1 week later

I feel that velcro really works for flash, especially if you plan to use flash gels etc. Sure, there might be residue, but if you don't plan to sell it off (especially if you've got a really good flash), velcro will surely help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom