What to use to clean UV filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

p7m13

Sep 30, 2005
Sorry for the silly noob question, but what do you guys use to clean your UV filter? Mine needs some cleaning.... :)

If I just want a simple clean, Lenspen will do. If I need a thorough cleaning, I use Kodak lens cleaning paper and cleaning fluid. You can buy from CP. Not cheap though, but it will last you for ages!

Microfiber cloth only. Also B+W MRC filter, so no cleaning problem.

Regards,
Arto.

Buy a Lenspen from CP.. its worth it.

Before cleaning using lenspen/microfiber cloth, use an air blower to blow off any particulars from the filter so that they will not scratch it.

Tough stains, pure (99.9999%) Ethanol. ;)

If I just want a simple clean, Lenspen will do. If I need a thorough cleaning, I use Kodak lens cleaning paper and cleaning fluid. You can buy from CP. Not cheap though, but it will last you for ages!

Any specific shop from CP, not familiar about the place. Hehehe....:embrass:

how about washing under running tap?

I use lens tissue.

I use blower with attached-brush lightly at the same time(to :bigeyes:prevent any scratches coz by any fine particles on the surface, then, just use Lenspen will do the job:kiss:(only lenspen=normal & mini versions, so far, maybe its B+W filters, coz many yrs-abt 9yrs ago was using Hoya but due to:sweat: "aiya & aiyo":thumbsd: then changed all to B+W liao:thumbsup:)

What do you mean by also B+W only? You mean B+W no need to clean?
Because MRC coating of B+W filter is superb and smooth, so no problem cleaning. If you have Hoya filter, you know how difficult is to clean fingerprint on hoya filter. With B+W filter, its so easy... Just use microfiber cloth. Last time I use Hoya filter, but after I try B+W filter, I change all my filter to B+W filter.

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.