What to use to clean UV filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why so? Use both Hoya and B+W... din see the diff in ease of cleaning?
Try put fingerprint on both filter and clean it just use microfiber cloth. You better to have good eyesight to see the result.

Regards,
Arto.

Try put fingerprint on both filter and clean it just use microfiber cloth. You better to have good eyesight to see the result.

Regards,
Arto.

Ah... that I haven tried :bsmilie:

i can verify that fingerprint claim..
i tried Tokina (surprisingly easier to clean than Hoya, even though they are supposed to come from the same manufacturer), Hoya, Nikon NC, B+W MRC.. no doubt about B+W being easier to clean. :thumbsup:

I use one of those 3M non-scratch wipes and a conventional cleaning fluid. :)

So you better trust us to save your Hoya filter :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

Ya ya... anyway jus sold off my last hoya filter for a B+W one... so no worries!

i uses the new 3m cloth that can be used on glasses without scratching... got many colors to choose from! not alot of places got sell i think, but u can try home fix and popular books store! ;)

i uses the new 3m cloth that can be used on glasses without scratching... got many colors to choose from! not alot of places got sell i think, but u can try home fix and popular books store! ;)

But still if u've to use cloth, microfiber cloth's yr best bet.

using lens tissue or microfiber cloth. :thumbsup:

use micro fibre cloth or use lens cleaner with lens paper

Actually using those lens cleaning liquids also not recommended cos will leave a layer of residue.

....... maybe its B+W filters, coz many yrs-abt 9yrs ago was using Hoya but due to:sweat: "aiya & aiyo":thumbsd: then changed all to B+W liao:thumbsup:).....

:sweatsm::sweatsm: I like this one funny and to the point. I am also in the process of changing it. found out TK's B+W filter is cheaper then most,is it really so? any comment??

:sweatsm::sweatsm: I like this one funny and to the point. I am also in the process of changing it. found out TK's B+W filter is cheaper then most,is it really so? any comment??

Great:thumbsup:, should(as in Blue) if possible coz... 'That's d way ah-ha ah-ha I like it ah-ha ah-ha.....':bsmilie::sweatsm:

From this forum I learn OP also sell B+W filter. but their B+W filter is mean for China market. Not much cheaper than non-China market, but construction of metal is not as good as for non-China market. IIRC, it is made from aluminum instead of brass. I suggest you avoid OP version.

Regards,
Arto.

From this forum I learn OP also sell B+W filter. but their B+W filter is mean for China market. Not much cheaper than non-China market, but construction of metal is not as good as for non-China market. IIRC, it is made from aluminum instead of brass. I suggest you avoid OP version.

Regards,
Arto.
hi, may i know what the full name of the shop(TK)? location?

Hi,
I blow the dust off with a blower and then pour some clean water at room temperature on filter and wipe it off with a soft tissue that I got with a spectacle case.

tap water : if it doesnt have any impurities that might scratch, it may be ok.
never use ethanol or any other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.