what to store in dry cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james8110

Deregistered
Dec 15, 2009
SG Punggol
www.flickr.com
I understand we keep our body, lenses and filter dry from fungus develop on the glass? what else to keep dry? Flash?

Flash also can.

Basically any optical or electronic equipment that might get degraded with high humidity levels like in our climate.

One CSer also thought of keeping all her equipment in the bag, and dumping the entire bag in her dry cab. I am not sure if she was serious or ended up doing it or not.

I doubt if many folks keep their bodies in a dry cab. It might seem fun at first but you could run into problems with dehydrated skin.

Last edited:
what about leather stuff like wallets and belts? is it ok to keep them in the cabinet along with your camera and lenses? any advice?

I understand we keep our body, lenses and filter dry from fungus develop on the glass? what else to keep dry? Flash?

what about leather stuff like wallets and belts? is it ok to keep them in the cabinet along with your camera and lenses? any advice?

Welcome to CS :) You can keep most things in the dry cabinet, but for our body, not recommended. You need to have a rather huge cabinet & have to apply lots of moisturizer on your body. Just take daily baths ;)

Not supposed to keep leather products in dry cabinet.

Can't remember which thread I read up when I was deciding to get a dry cabinet... apparently will propagate the growth of germs and fungus?

anyway you guys should give the TS a break lol. ;)

Look up the references for specific relative humidity (RH) for different materials like leather and so on.

Different things have different RH requirements and chances are you will require different dry cabs for each category of goods.

if you want you can put flash inside.

anything else that has problem with fungus and mould if kept in damp conditions, also can put inside.. but me, i like to limit it to photographic equipmpent.

i remember an old thread suggesting that you dry your underwear inside....

flashes also can put in ah? What about the batteries in flashes and body? Any camera equipment that is not advised to be placed in dry cabinet?

Includes my collection of DVD of all my archived photos.....

..fungus bites unto the surface and between the layers of the DVD and can corrupt the files reading....already a victim before!

flashes also can put in ah? What about the batteries in flashes and body? Any camera equipment that is not advised to be placed in dry cabinet?

flash also can. best to remove the batteries before storing the body or flash into the cabinet. you may be too busy to shoot next few weeks,who knows? as far as i know, no camera equipment can't be stored in there.

cheers;)
papajanggo33

my flash has a pouch, do i need to remove the pouch first before put in the dry cabinet?

i have some AA rechargeable batteries, it is pack 4 each(in a box), can i put it in the dry box too?

how about battery charger, hood? can put inside the dry box?

my flash has a pouch, do i need to remove the pouch first before put in the dry cabinet?

i have some AA rechargeable batteries, it is pack 4 each(in a box), can i put it in the dry box too?

how about battery charger, hood? can put inside the dry box?

as long none of those can retain moisture, i think should be ok.except the pouch,make sure it is not wet from sweat or moist before storing them. better still, just store the flash. :)

as long none of those can retain moisture, i think should be ok.except the pouch,make sure it is not wet from sweat or moist before storing them. better still, just store the flash. :)

what if there is moisture, will it affect other items in the dry cabinet?

if yes, what will happen?

what if there is moisture, will it affect other items in the dry cabinet?

if yes, what will happen?

your dehumidifier mechanism will work on to reduce the moisture. of course la, you don't put a pouch or strap drenched with rainwater or other liquid straight into the cabinet. the hygrometer indicator will tell you the optimal humdity level in there. you can't have total dryness also, otherwise it could affect the rubber grip of your cam.

hope it helps:)

ur DV tapes if u r still those old skool fanatic :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.