What to prepare for during baptism ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

waderbreak

Feb 2, 2009
Hi all

I am attending a baptism ceremony and will be like taking photos using my dslr this coming sat. Would just like to ask what are the things that would be good to bring for this small event and what should I prepare for/what I should remember doing when taking photographs.

I'm currently using a canon 40D w/17-55 f2.8 so I hope the large aperture is enough for a mild lighting condition within the church. If I had a 50mm f1.8 would that be even better/useful? Do I need to bump up my ISO to 1600 or something?

Hope you all can help thanks!

it really depends on the lighting of the church .. or if it's outdoors, then the weather and time ...

i'd probably suggest an external flash ... or try to get really close ... like ... ~3m away ..

also depends on the baptism pool .... too many variables to consider =/

Hi,

I have done such photos. No flash allow, so best to limit ISO to 1600, use AUTO, certain part of the church is quite bright, best to go half hour early to do some test shots, anticipate the place where you should position yourself, you need to be sensitive of this event, try not to be near the altar snaping away as the priest will be offended, and so are the rest of the people. I was using D300 + 17-55 mm f/2.8 then.

See photos below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerries_photography/sets/72157614891249961/

Hi,

I have done such photos. No flash allow, so best to limit ISO to 1600, use AUTO, certain part of the church is quite bright, best to go half hour early to do some test shots, anticipate the place where you should position yourself, you need to be sensitive of this event, try not to be near the altar snaping away as the priest will be offended, and so are the rest of the people. I was using D300 + 17-55 mm f/2.8 then.

See photos below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerries_photography/sets/72157614891249961/

Wow i think i'll be shooting at the same church. Ok thanks very much for the tip.

As you can see from my photos, there is not a single second to spare, the event is very fast. Which church? I am Catholic, and I attend St. Ignatius

Status
Not open for further replies.