What to photograph in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameboyz

Nov 22, 2008
After thinking for several days I've decided that I quite like photography and thus planning on getting a D5000 :D But I need some advice on what to photograph for a newbie.

I've came up with a short list:

1) One of my favourite haunts - Vivocity. There is this giant Christmas tree on the roof, plus there are always kids playing at the playground. Cool subjects to shoot! Especially the kids :D

2) Orchard road - Orchard during Christmas is gorgeous!!! Period.

3) Marina bay - okay not so good. For the previous two list items, I can actually take a break by enjoying the air conditioning and exploring... but at Marina bay it seems that the only place to take refuge from the Sun is the Esplanade? Not too sure. But I know the Merlion makes a great subject (experimenting with shutter speed to freeze the water)

4) ECP - Not too good too. Kinda inconvenient to go there =x

5) Any ideas?

How's this different fro mthe existing "where to shoot in singapore" threads? Other than the christmas theme?

Sorry, I didn't use the search function =x

But the difference lies in the fact that I'm looking for subjects not locations. For example if the suggestion is "animals", I can shoot them in almost any part of Singapore (no pun intended)... :)

But the difference lies in the fact that I'm looking for subjects not locations. For example if the suggestion is "animals", I can shoot them in almost any part of Singapore (no pun intended)... :)

The subject defines the location(s) and the equipment (to a certain extend). Maybe you can have a look at the gallery section where people post tons of images?

Looking at the threads already devoted, some are even stickies, it is not hard to see what subjects are available for you to shoot. It is all listed.

any thing/place is good. it's up to the photographer's imagination to make the photos look interesting

Flowers.

Around HDB estates, along roadsides, anywhere in Singapore. You'll be surprised what you can find if you are observant enough.

sorry but, why is there even a sticky on this??? u can shoot any damn thing out there!!

just to add, there a lots of events being posted on CS, go there often to check out.

i came to know abt the bonfire last weekend thru this forum

There is so much things to shoot.. At least 10 great photo oppurtunities happening where ever you are. You just need to open your mind and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.