What to look out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor0306

Jan 31, 2009
Hi guys,

I am interested in buying a second hand DSLR but i don;t know what to look out for when purchasing it.

May i know what are the relevant specification i supposed to look at when purchasing a secondhand DSLR. Thanks

Cheers

Have you selected one? Check the shutter count if acceptable to you. Physical appearance, test it with a lens. Mount an external flash, try different modes PASM. Shoot continous mode.

- Take shots with different settings to ensure everything is working.
- Pop the flash and test that as well.
- Check that there are no dents on the body.

If you are really clueless make some friend who has used DSLR and bought second hand (so has some skill - not just using camera but also buying & selecting).

Buy him/her nice meal - so they are nice with you.
Ask for help and get him/her to check the camera.

and honestly.. if your knowledge of photography is so limited that you can't even know what basic specs would suit you, avoid sim lim at all costs!!!
and try reading a nice newbies book at the library.

I am interested in buying a second hand DSLR but i don;t know what to look out for when purchasing it.
May i know what are the relevant specification i supposed to look at when purchasing a secondhand DSLR.

Have a look at the entry level models of all the camera manufacturers. Next: read up about these models. Clarify questions about features and specs. Your library has plenty of books to fill a weekend of reading and understanding. As mentioned in another thread: check the Classifieds here for 2nd hand pricing. It might be better for you to get a 2nd hand system from a photographer rather than from a shop. Without much knowledge you are just prey to the sales men.

Have you selected one? Check the shutter count if acceptable to you. Physical appearance, test it with a lens. Mount an external flash, try different modes PASM. Shoot continous mode.

How to check shutter count on your own and Ialso own a 2nd hand canon camera.
;)

How to check shutter count on your own and Ialso own a 2nd hand canon camera.
;)

Psst. Search here or on google for "how to check shutter count canon"

Status
Not open for further replies.