What to look out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2009
Hi guys,

I am interested in buying a second hand DSLR but i don;t know what to look out for when purchasing it.

May i know what are the relevant specification i supposed to look at when purchasing a secondhand DSLR. Thanks

Cheers

3in1c

Oct 23, 2008
East
Have you selected one? Check the shutter count if acceptable to you. Physical appearance, test it with a lens. Mount an external flash, try different modes PASM. Shoot continous mode.

Galdor

Jul 5, 2006
Planet Gaia
s105.photobucket.com
- Take shots with different settings to ensure everything is working.
- Pop the flash and test that as well.
- Check that there are no dents on the body.

aryanto

Feb 16, 2005
singapore
If you are really clueless make some friend who has used DSLR and bought second hand (so has some skill - not just using camera but also buying & selecting).

Buy him/her nice meal - so they are nice with you.
Ask for help and get him/her to check the camera.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
and honestly.. if your knowledge of photography is so limited that you can't even know what basic specs would suit you, avoid sim lim at all costs!!!
and try reading a nice newbies book at the library.

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
I am interested in buying a second hand DSLR but i don;t know what to look out for when purchasing it.
May i know what are the relevant specification i supposed to look at when purchasing a secondhand DSLR.
Have a look at the entry level models of all the camera manufacturers. Next: read up about these models. Clarify questions about features and specs. Your library has plenty of books to fill a weekend of reading and understanding. As mentioned in another thread: check the Classifieds here for 2nd hand pricing. It might be better for you to get a 2nd hand system from a photographer rather than from a shop. Without much knowledge you are just prey to the sales men.

joe

Feb 23, 2003
singapore
Visit site
Have you selected one? Check the shutter count if acceptable to you. Physical appearance, test it with a lens. Mount an external flash, try different modes PASM. Shoot continous mode.
How to check shutter count on your own and Ialso own a 2nd hand canon camera.
;)

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
How to check shutter count on your own and Ialso own a 2nd hand canon camera.
;)
Psst. Search here or on google for "how to check shutter count canon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom