What to look out for while buying the FZ20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adum

Nov 7, 2004
potong pasir
Hey lao-jiaos,

What do i look out for when buying an FZ20? Eg. what to test and stuff....to know tht the camera's not in anyway faulty. thks

adum said:
Hey lao-jiaos,

What do i look out for when buying an FZ20? Eg. what to test and stuff....to know tht the camera's not in anyway faulty. thks

My thought:

1. Take normal shot (without zooming)
2. Zoom maximum for optical
3. Take macro shot
4. Test out internal flash
5. Bring your own laptop and upload the photos you took, see if they are ok

Other than that, I think you will still have to rely on the warranty, if you are really that unlucky. ;p

JimDavis said:
My thought:

1. Take normal shot (without zooming)
2. Zoom maximum for optical
3. Take macro shot
4. Test out internal flash
5. Bring your own laptop and upload the photos you took, see if they are ok

Other than that, I think you will still have to rely on the warranty, if you are really that unlucky. ;p
Hi, can I also ask:
1.How does the autofocus of FZ20 perform in dim light area ?
2.How slow is the writing time when FZ20 set at max resolution with flash?
Thanks in advance.

lui002 said:
Hi, can I also ask:
Thanks in advance.

I believe it is just like any other non-SLR camera, you will need to use tripod, since the shuttle speed will increase to get sufficient light.

I think it depends on your SD card too. If you get a high speed SD card, it should not affect at all. Afterall, the speed that it writes will certainly faster than the speed that you snap, unless you are doing a high speed continuous shot. :dunno:

Hi, I would like to ask if there is any panasonic showroom in singapore? somewhere i can try out the FZ20... hehe...

go Sitex this weekend to try out, likely to have good offers too.

busybobby said:
Hi, I would like to ask if there is any panasonic showroom in singapore? somewhere i can try out the FZ20... hehe...

You can always try out at Best Denki and if you decided to buy, buy it elsewhere that is cheaper. ;)

Haha... That's what I did... But had to make a conscious effort not to keep trying at the same Best Denki. ;)

Quite cool actually, I used my own SD card when I was testing the cam so that I can go home and check out the pics. Busybobby, maybe you can do the same... :)

JimDavis said:
I believe it is just like any other non-SLR camera, you will need to use tripod, since the shuttle speed will increase to get sufficient light.

I think it depends on your SD card too. If you get a high speed SD card, it should not affect at all. Afterall, the speed that it writes will certainly faster than the speed that you snap, unless you are doing a high speed continuous shot. :dunno:

hihi thanks for the advice but i have a novice question. whts writing time and how does it affect photo taking? thks

erm, i'm also not an expert, but i think writing time is the time the camera takes to write the picture you took to the card. ie after you press the button all the way down, the camera takes the pic and stores it in its buffer. Afterwhich it writes the image to the card. Long writing time could induce lag in the camera especially burst mode where you need to wait for it to clear its buffer after each pic till it can capture another shot. Sorry if its wrong...:p

snapMan said:
erm, i'm also not an expert, but i think writing time is the time the camera takes to write the picture you took to the card. ie after you press the button all the way down, the camera takes the pic and stores it in its buffer. Afterwhich it writes the image to the card. Long writing time could induce lag in the camera especially burst mode where you need to wait for it to clear its buffer after each pic till it can capture another shot. Sorry if its wrong...:p

right.....so the factor's teh camera or the mem card? thks tons :thumbsup:

adum said:
right.....so the factor's teh camera or the mem card? thks tons :thumbsup:

Yuppers...from wat I read on this forum, the FZ20's max write speed is 20mb/s so its the sd card's write speed that decides whether you have a long write time in this case. ;)

snapMan said:
Yuppers...from wat I read on this forum, the FZ20's max write speed is 20mb/s so its the sd card's write speed that decides whether you have a long write time in this case. ;)

At the current moment, you are right.

However, if one day there is any SD card that have faster write speed than 20MB/s, then the factor will turn around become the camera that will decide wether you have a long write time. :D

happytikus said:
Haha... That's what I did... But had to make a conscious effort not to keep trying at the same Best Denki. ;)

Quite cool actually, I used my own SD card when I was testing the cam so that I can go home and check out the pics. Busybobby, maybe you can do the same... :)

oh :D .. haha
okok.. thanx.. i'll try this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.