what to look out for when buying second hand DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryaan

Sep 22, 2009
hi everyone..

i'm planning to buy a second hand dslr..

would be glad to know what are some things i will need to check or test prior to the second hand camera..

thanks.

nobody can help? :)

Check for any loose or missing screws, and make sure all connections are intact at the bottom plate. Turn it on, play around with the shutter speed and aperture. Make sure the dials and buttons work as it should. Then check if the connection where the lenses go is in good condition. Take a look through the viewfinder and make sure the camera can focus without any problem. Turn on LCD; see all these works.

But more important is to check for dust. Make sure the photo sensor is clean. Dust on the sensor and the camera is pretty much useless and you will need to send it for cleaning.

Oh ya, if you're concerned about the physical looks, then look out for scratches.. But I don't think it's a primary concern.. not for me, anyway.

nobody can help? :)

Been discussed many many times, search and read up would be faster to get the info rather than wait here to be spoon fed

Check for any loose or missing screws, and make sure all connections are intact at the bottom plate. Turn it on, play around with the shutter speed and aperture. Make sure the dials and buttons work as it should. Then check if the connection where the lenses go is in good condition. Take a look through the viewfinder and make sure the camera can focus without any problem. Turn on LCD; see all these works.

But more important is to check for dust. Make sure the photo sensor is clean. Dust on the sensor and the camera is pretty much useless and you will need to send it for cleaning.

Oh ya, if you're concerned about the physical looks, then look out for scratches.. But I don't think it's a primary concern.. not for me, anyway.

thanks alot! :)

check shutter count actuations

Status
Not open for further replies.