What to look out for when buying flash for Canon DSLR Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

totoro17

Nov 6, 2006
Hi,

I would like to know What to look out for when buying flash for Canon DSLR Camera? How do I know ttl is working fine? Any guidelines? Most likely Im buying Canon 430EX or Sigma 500 DG Super. Thanks.

Regards,
Darren

huh? how come nobody reply?

ettl.... shoot in auto and see the exposure accurate or not... switch your iso/ aperture etc..
see flash lens... not too yellow.

but they are built like tanks
mine is working fine and i nv seen one spoil.

ettl.... shoot in auto and see the exposure accurate or not... switch your iso/ aperture etc..
see flash lens... not too yellow.

but they are built like tanks
mine is working fine and i nv seen one spoil.

but im too inexperience to judge all these...i dun know how to check whether ettl is working fine or not

but im too inexperience to judge all these...i dun know how to check whether ettl is working fine or not

make sure batt is inside...

the exposure should be just right. not too dark or too light.

the exposure should be just right. not too dark or too light.

if i use the auto function, the exposure shld be just right....not too dark or too light...will that solve the checking of the flash?

Sigma flash inconsistent ettl.......IMHO

Sigma flash inconsistent ettl.......IMHO

ya....i read some negative feedback on that in CS. thats y i dont think i will take the chance of getting a sigma lens. Most likely im getting canon 430ex

ya....i read some negative feedback on that in CS. thats y i dont think i will take the chance of getting a sigma lens. Most likely im getting canon 430ex

Sigma "FLASH".......i used it for more than 2 yrs. Mostly use it in manual mode.
Now keep the Sigma for my spare flash only. Using Metz.

Sigma "FLASH".......i used it for more than 2 yrs. Mostly use it in manual mode.
Now keep the Sigma for my spare flash only. Using Metz.

i see. I had sunpak manual flash.....everytime overexposure lehz....dont know how to use it...

Status
Not open for further replies.