What to look for wireless flash trigger?

Ferderico

Mar 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi,

i have been reading some info on wireless flash trigger and i am rather confused..

there are equipments like pocket wizard that sells for $200++ and there are some that are selling $50++

basically, i just want a device for my SB600 to fire remotely when i press the shuttle...

any advice?

Hi,

i have been reading some info on wireless flash trigger and i am rather confused..

there are equipments like pocket wizard that sells for $200++ and there are some that are selling $50++

basically, i just want a device for my SB600 to fire remotely when i press the shuttle...

any advice?

Get from Dimage in mass sales.He has $35 to $50++ ones:)

P.S Its shutter not shuttle...

Hi,

any advice?

We have CLS for tt, ur D90 onboard can act as commander, but for outdoor location shoot where distance and bright conditions pose a prob for CLS, get a transmitter n receiver kind, personally using Phottix Aster, good for me ..

Hi,

any advice?
you pay a premium for reliability, especially when you are shooting for money.

for leisure, just get whatever you can afford.

Hi,

any advice?

The difference in the price is really about (1) reliability, (2) distance, and (3) built of the device. PocketWizards are like the industry standards.

The SB600 does not have a sync terminal (pls read http://sgstrobist.blogspot.com/2009/02/flashes-for-strobbing.html) and if you get a remote trigger, get one that has a hotshoe and that you can mount your flash directly on it (like this one: http://sgstrobist.blogspot.com/2010/01/pt-04-flash-triggers-for-nikon.html).