What to give?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nantasy

Mar 18, 2005
SG
linay.multiply.com
Hi, recently covered a corporate event, and the company asked for a copy of cd and 4R prints.
I am not comfortable in giving them all my hi-res photographs in the CD. From what I understand from them, the soft copies are normally for uploading to their web gallery and others smaller prints for newsletter.

Can I safely say I send my hi-res ones for printing, and I give them lower res files in CD format.

Normally, what you guys give your clients?

really, everything should be in the contract... size of the images in the CD should affect pricing...

but for the moment in this case, try giving them small jpgs, say, 1280pixels on the longer side... should be good enough for web and small prints... this is just a suggestion and I disclaim any responsibility in case of dispute :)

but for the moment in this case, try giving them small jpgs, say, 1280pixels on the longer side... should be good enough for web and small prints... this is just a suggestion and I disclaim any responsibility in case of dispute :)

Yeap this is one of the way too. Next time remember to ask what the client want. :)

why dont u just call your client up now to clarify this?
because they will definitely want all the high res...:)

Give wat they paid for...

Give wat they paid for...
it's ok to give more than they pay for... but the client must know what they are getting for a certain price, that any extra is given as good will... its good for client relations and repeat business... but they cannot expect to get it all the time... :)

big company den u must discuss la..

if its those small companies... just give them lor... thats what i do la.... i filter filter.. left maybe 50-60 high res for them only. and imagine.. if 20-30 of them are table shots liao..

they cant do much with those corporate event kinda shoots also.... imho. even for catelogues... they also will not put all 100-200 images inside one la.

Status
Not open for further replies.