What to get?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssimm

Sep 7, 2006
Singapore
I have a problem that i can't seems to solve and i hope you guys out there can help me out.

I lately went back to analog and had bought myself a FM2 and a 50mm f1.2 AIS...
I feel digital technology is too diff to keep up with... trying to 'spot-on' a good set of equipments has cost me much savings too...:bheart:

Below is a list of my equipment.
1) D70s kit ---- trying to sell cause i can't meter w/ my 50 mm AIS on it.
2) 70-300 mm G Non VR---- also trying to sell.
3) 18-200 mm DX ----- am considering to sell it, why...
4) 80-200 mm ED w/ tripod collar
5) FM2 ---- Back to basic.
6) 50 mm f1.2 AIS

Want to get list
1) A flash!
2) 17-35 mm/ 18-35 mm
or
2) just a 20 mm
3) a good DSLR

i am really confused and don't want to make any wrong move again...:dunno: :bheart: Please help.

Yours turly,
Simon

2) 70-300 mm G ---- also trying to sell.
3) 18-200 mm DX ----- am considering to sell it, why...
How much you want to sell this? (70-300 mm G)
AFS_VR70_300_01_i.jpg

SIN$999 according to Nikon.com.sg

How bout this? (18-200 mm DX)
AFS_DX_VR18_200_image_L.jpg

SGD$1480 according to Nikon.com.sg

Correct me if I ID the lens wrongly... Let me know if you wanna sell your lens... ;p

(Source: Nikon.com.sg)

Eh... the price of a 70-300G (non VR) is much lower than that.... The price u gave is for the VR version which is not out yet...

Check the current 2nd hand pricing in the buy/sell forum.

D70s is a gd enuff dslr wat... why do u wanna sell it n get another dslr?? :dunno:

How much you want to sell this? (70-300 mm G)
AFS_VR70_300_01_i.jpg

SIN$999 according to Nikon.com.sg

How bout this? (18-200 mm DX)
AFS_DX_VR18_200_image_L.jpg

SGD$1480 according to Nikon.com.sg

Correct me if I ID the lens wrongly... Let me know if you wanna sell your lens... ;p

(Source: Nikon.com.sg)

Hi Youhong

The 70-300mm G is a non-VR lens... letting go complete with my D70s Kit lens, remote and all filters i have bought with it for S$1600 neg... its meant for beginers... All is < 1 yr.

As for the 18-200mm VR, i am still thinging cause i went through alot getting it. unless people out there is welling to pay for what i pay.... S$1388 w/hoya filter.

Anyway.... Thanks for the reply and i will really appreciate it if you help me out with my problem. thk!!!

D70s is a gd enuff dslr wat... why do u wanna sell it n get another dslr?? :dunno:

Hi siaopika,
Its a gd DSLR n i took some of my best photos with it. However, i can't meter with my 50mm f1.2 AIS lens... i want to get some fix lens in the future also.. Thk...

Get a good quality 2nd hand 20mm (new if u have the $), and u can use it on yr D70s and FM2...

Hi Astin,
Is metering important to you now? especially when you can preview your image rightaway with digital SLR?

I am using my 50mm on my D70s and previewing it as i take... however, most of the result still far from ok.

So whats your take?

Hi Youhong

The 70-300mm G is a non-VR lens... letting go complete with my D70s Kit lens, remote and all filters i have bought with it for S$1600 neg... its meant for beginers... All is < 1 yr.

As for the 18-200mm VR, i am still thinging cause i went through alot getting it. unless people out there is welling to pay for what i pay.... S$1388 w/hoya filter.

Anyway.... Thanks for the reply and i will really appreciate it if you help me out with my problem. thk!!!
Oops, ID the wrong lens... The 70-300mm G is the following then?
70-300_4-56G_02_s.jpg

SGD$300 according to Nikon.com.sg

The 18-200mm VR seems interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.