what to get for a baby's 1 month old party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
hi guys...my friend, a first time dad, is holding a sort of celebration for his baby girl's first month...any ideas what to get for the little girl? or should i get something for the parents instead?

get the parents a D3 to take priceless moments of their precious :D :D

HAHA! okay joking, but usually my parents give angpow.. or like, baby stuff? clothes for the baby?

For chinese it's usually Ang Pows or if you can get those infant gift sets that come with milk bottle, clothes..etc. You can go around John Little or Robinson to check them out..

ang pow sounds good.. i don't want to get all those infant stuff cos chances are, he's probably going to be getting alot of those from other people...i'm pretty sure he bought alot for his daughter too!..is there a decent amount to put inside the ang pow?

For the future of table tennis hope in our country, I now give toy ping pong sets to all children if I have to buy gifts for them. :bsmilie:

my friend is a product designer..so maybe i should get a designer ping pong bat..know of any? lol

kiddy palace vouchers (or taka, robinson etc.. as long as they sell kids' stuff), or angpow are the best.

Best to check with the rest of your frens as well... try not to duplicate the gifts...

gift vouchers are also a good idea...

Ang Pow is practical and no need to crack your head. If you're into photography and like to give the baby and the family a good present, why not consider take a series of photos for the family? :)

Ang Pow is practical and no need to crack your head. If you're into photography and like to give the baby and the family a good present, why not consider take a series of photos for the family? :)

hmm..virgo..that's a good idea..i could do one of those mini books..friend and i did one for our trip to vietnam, could do something similar! thanks

thanks alot for the replies guys...i think i'll go with the ang pows and a photo book..though the book would have to be given to them much later. lol

ang pow sounds good.. i don't want to get all those infant stuff cos chances are, he's probably going to be getting alot of those from other people...i'm pretty sure he bought alot for his daughter too!..is there a decent amount to put inside the ang pow?
you are right, you may not know those infant gift sets has change how many hands, usually the parents of newborn baby will just re-wrap the gift set and give it to another newborn baby.

Usually I give ang bao.

Status
Not open for further replies.