what to expect in a indian wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUH!?!?!??!?!

me follow official photog?
no way i will do that.
otherwise, he will think i'm stealing his shots/angles.and i personally dont think it's a nice thing to do.
in fact i will go exactly opposite to where he shoots, so that my pictures will be completely different from him.in that way, i can give the my friends some pics from different angles which the photog didnt cover.

it's a hindu wedding.

Why I am saying you follow is coz you won't know when the main events take place. Or otherwise you ask someone what are all the main events and at what times. :)

You can take people shots too as they dress up pretty good.

jeanie, make sure you have a reservation to attend an indian wedding. :sweat:

huh?reservation?!?!?

Been to one many years ago... most memorable part is when the guest throw colored rice (uncook) at the couple, the priest(?) will tell you when to throw... remember to duck, or else you'll get some of their "blessings" too =)

I have in mind an Indian wedding to be full of vibrance and life.
therefore, colors should be the main lookout here.

The intricacy and details of Indian cultures most prominently present in their apparel designs should be captured.
That said, you should capture the patterns on the sarees and the interesting designs of henna on the bride's hands and the
stunning decorations on the face & head.

I dont know how local Indians wedding are like if compared with those Bollywood ones where lavishness is at best with dancing and all. Hopefully there is so you can capture those candid moments :D

Have fun & do come back with your interesting captures.

Question: If you are not close to her and working in difference dept/floor thus you feel bad to ask her for more details...wouldn't bringing your own camera equipment to shoot her wedding be rather forward? I would rather ask her first to not cause tension. But that's just me.

Question: If you are not close to her and working in difference dept/floor thus you feel bad to ask her for more details...wouldn't bringing your own camera equipment to shoot her wedding be rather forward? I would rather ask her first to not cause tension. But that's just me.

ya i should...and i just did.

she told me by all means, and when i ask her if there's any issues with 'conflicting interest' with the official photog, she asked me 'why so?'

erhh....i think i should just bring my idiot pns bah...

... and when i ask her if there's any issues with 'conflicting interest' with the official photog, she asked me 'why so?'

EH? You din tell her about your SUPER BIIIG ASS EQUIPMENT that might make the official photographer feel really inferior ah? :dunno:

No wonder she was wondering why you had to ask that question. :bsmilie:

huh?reservation?!?!?

He thinks you are going to India for the wedding so the reservation. :)

ya i should...and i just did.

she told me by all means, and when i ask her if there's any issues with 'conflicting interest' with the official photog, she asked me 'why so?'

erhh....i think i should just bring my idiot pns bah...

See I told you its quite normal to follow official photographer ;p trust an indian :) Bring all your guns. It will make the official photographer work harder he he

EH? You din tell her about your SUPER BIIIG ASS EQUIPMENT that might make the official photographer feel really inferior ah? :dunno:

No wonder she was wondering why you had to ask that question. :bsmilie:

i thought i'm not suppose to 'show off'?that why i didnt say lor.
LOL:bsmilie:

no lah...fact is....my point in telling her that was because i dont want the official photographer to feel like someone's competing with him to get better pics.i think that'll put unnecessary stress on whoever is covering the wedding.
unfortunately, my dslr aint small enough in my hands for me to be in stealth mode.
but i would really love to shoot a colorful wedding.and i know indian weddings should definitely be more colorful than a traditional chinese one.

wah, u never kenna infraction for this ah? :nono:

i dont think DM has the intention to make 'racist' jokes lah.

to indian csers, racial harmony ya!:)

He thinks you are going to India for the wedding so the reservation. :)

See I told you its quite normal to follow official photographer ;p trust an indian :) Bring all your guns. It will make the official photographer work harder he he

no lah.it'really not nice.if i'm a official photog, i wouldnt want a fart chaser.
wherever i go, he/she follows, whatever i shoot, he/she shoots.
really very bo seh!

in any case, i would want my pics to be different.hence, i'll deliberately shoot things which i think the official photogs wont cover.

i dont think DM has the intention to make 'racist' jokes lah.

to indian csers, racial harmony ya!:)

Yup. It was a NOT racist comment.

If there was any element of a 'joke', it was directed at Jeanie. :cool:

Besides, what I stated was a FACT.

:rolleyes:

no lah.it'really not nice.if i'm a official photog, i wouldnt want a fart chaser.
wherever i go, he/she follows, whatever i shoot, he/she shoots.
really very bo seh!

in any case, i would want my pics to be different.hence, i'll deliberately shoot things which i think the official photogs wont cover.

i think, fundamental rule - basic courtesy to the bride and groom, and the official photographers and being considerate. it's her important day, not yours.

so consideration for her should come before personal ego gratification. just dont stand in the way of the official photographers and find yourself in all of their frames yeah.. and they have to siam you while you try to get your "unique" angles.

i think, fundamental rule - basic courtesy to the bride and groom, and the official photographers and being considerate. it's her important day, not yours.

so consideration for her should come before personal ego gratification. just dont stand in the way of the official photographers and find yourself in all of their frames yeah.. and they have to siam you while you try to get your "unique" angles.

ya.i know what i'm doing.thanks for heads up.:p

Yup. It was a NOT racist comment.

If there was any element of a 'joke', it was directed at Jeanie. :cool:

Besides, what I stated was a FACT.

:rolleyes:

okie, cos e 'arrow' u shoot here can land anywhere mah...

as with all weddings, just eat till can't walk straight. the host will know you have enjoyed yourself very much! ;p

Things to expect:

-Tonnes of details
-Lotsa colours
-Indian videographer with hugh yellow lights
-Take off shoes if you are going on stage or near the ceremony area
-Parents putting ash on the newly weds
-Putting on of toe rings
-Be ready to be covered with rice once the groom ties the thaali on the bride.
-Be ready for a long long ceremony which keeps repeating
-Bride and Groom march ins?

That's mostly what i can remember. Where's your friend's ceremony held? If you can attend the bangle ceremony, it gives you a rough idea on what to expect on the actual ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.