What to do...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaoBuLiao

Sep 19, 2003
Visit site
Assume i like some warmth in my pictures most of the time (be it outdoor, portraits, scenery..), what are the ways i can go about achieving that?

the ways i can think of are..

1) Using a 81A or 81B warm filter (but will the use of AWB offset the effects of the filters?)

2) Using 1A or 1B skylight filter (can be used as a permanent lens protector..but the "warmth" that it brings out in pictures seems to be weaker than the 81A, 81B? if so, by how much? and similarly, AWB offsetting the weak effects?)

3) Using cloudy WB? (seems like the cloudy WB can bring out the warmth in pictures most of the time too)

4) Manually preset WB? (how many of you actually do that?)

5) Using one of the filters above + cloudy WB? will that be a tragedy? :sweat:

6) Tweaking in PS (but lets not have that as a option here..cos..errr..lets do it in the most "natural" way? =P)

which one will be the most effective? or are there any other ways?

helpless newbie here...*helppppppppp*

thanks in advance :embrass:

Kira said:
Digital? Offset the colour in photoshop.....
Heheheheheh

:D

hehehehe..

yah..photoshop is option 6..

other than option 6 leh? 1-5? which one? or any other ways?

:think:

Well it all depends on your shooting condition and lighting liao.... But generally if it were me, I'll use the 81 filters and set WB to manual....

BTW, what camera you using?

Kira said:
Well it all depends on your shooting condition and lighting liao.... But generally if it were me, I'll use the 81 filters and set WB to manual....

BTW, what camera you using?

just wanted something that can cover 90-95% conditions..preferably a stay on filter also..

set WB to manual means must do setting every time lighting condition change? errr...very few people does that yah?

but come to think of it..using 81 filters + manual WB seems to be the best way hor.... :think:

my cam ah..i'm using oly C750..

Status
Not open for further replies.