What to do with spoilt Canon Powershot A75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

narofx

Aug 12, 2006
hey guys,

i've got a spoilt Canon Powershot A75. the lens haf problem retracting.

brought to Canon and was quoted $100 for repairs.

i've since bought a Fuji F30. so wat can i do with my spoilt A75. throw away very wasted..

narofx said:
hey guys,

i've since bought a Fuji F30. so wat can i do with my spoilt A75. throw away very wasted..

Fix it and donate to charity. Else give to someone who will.

Put on ebay...just describe the problem and indicate clearly that it is for repair or parts and sold as-is.

I duno when you send in your A75 for repair quotation. Canon announced some batch fault on their CCD, one of the model is yours. Check out this thread and see if you can get free repair now.

narofx said:
hey guys,

lastboltnut said:
I duno when you send in your A75 for repair quotation. Canon announced some batch fault on their CCD, one of the model is yours. Check out this thread and see if you can get free repair now.

hi,

mine doesnt fall into any of the categories. mine had an E18 error. I've been using it for 2 yrs oredi.

When i went back to collect it, it said that the lens got problem and i think oso something abt the battery that had problem.

anway, i was told tat a camera repairshop at Sunshine plaza takes in spoilt camera. i'll check with them the repair costs first, if its less than $100, i'll let them repair it. if not, i'll just sell it to them.

btw, anyone knows wats the 2nd hand mkt price for the A75?

I have 2 sets of A75 last year and both went bonkers. One with lens retraction problem and one with sensor problem.

The one with CCD problem was offered an upgrade to A95 for $100+ (can't remember exact amount), which I happily took. The one with lens retraction problem cannot upgrade, so have to pay repair cost. Only sets with CCD problem get special attention, as admitted by Canon that it's the sensor's fault.:nono:

So, they honour their words lah.

Razor54 said:
I have 2 sets of A75 last year and both went bonkers. One with lens retraction problem and one with sensor problem.

The one with CCD problem was offered an upgrade to A95 for $100+ (can't remember exact amount), which I happily took. The one with lens retraction problem cannot upgrade, so have to pay repair cost. Only sets with CCD problem get special attention, as admitted by Canon that it's the sensor's fault.:nono:

Razor54 said:

how much did u pay for the repair of the A75 with lens retraction problem??

I thought people got a free upgrade rather than having to pay...maybe I remembered wrongly

Razor54 said:

vince123123 said:
I thought people got a free upgrade rather than having to pay...maybe I remembered wrongly
i think maybe free exchange or a 100+ more for a better model...

narofx said:
hey guys,

Fix it for $100, still can sell at $150-$200 wat...

narofx said:
i think maybe free exchange or a 100+ more for a better model...

Yap....I think it's a free change to a new CCD or $100 for an upgrade to a 5 megapix Model, which I choose the latter option. Lost confidence in the A75 already.....:sweat:

narofx said:
how much did u pay for the repair of the A75 with lens retraction problem??

If not mistaken, Canon got it repaired out of goodwill...it being my second A75 with problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.