what to do with noise when shooting raw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erictan8888

Nov 9, 2004
Singapore
hi,

dun know if it is true or not, but i feel that when i shoot in raw, the noise level is so much higher than in jpeg...

like to ask:

what is your best method to deal with the noise when shooting raw?
(i mean what is your digital workflow?)

thanks in advance for sharing... :)

Mmm did you use the noise reduction tools in the software? For me i do noise reduction after changing the exposure settings. Find that that works fine with me.

oops, :embrass: sorry, must have posted twice accidentally....

jpgs have gone through in-camera noise reduction... for RAW, you have the option to control the strength applied by your RAW conversion program's noise reduction system...:)

Also consider using a 3rd parrt noise removal program at the end of the workflow.

when do you all normally remove noise? before or after sharpening?

i think noise removal does make the image a little less sharp right? or are my eyes not working liao... :)

when do you all normally remove noise? before or after sharpening?

i think noise removal does make the image a little less sharp right? or are my eyes not working liao... :)

Yes the more noise you remove the less sharp the pic is
i usually view at 100% and remove noise before sharpening

Yes the more noise you remove the less sharp the pic is
i usually view at 100% and remove noise before sharpening

Well, it's a balance... some sharpening may induce noise as well... so watch out carefully. ;)

Yeah, software NR. It's not as convenient as in-camera since you have to manually do it, but software NR tends to do a much better job than in-camera NR. Noise Ninja is a good example.

Status
Not open for further replies.